FIRMWARE 2.1 READY FOR DOWNLOAD

danielt

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What about:-

Ability to have peaking AND spirit level at the same time.
Ability to have focus assist box remember its position.
My request is that we return to the facility that was developed on the M8, M9 and M series, in which you can assign a folder name or number (eg L601, M240, M800), and picture numbers can increase up to 9999, not limited to 999
Option to save DNG and JPG to different memory cards.

Square cropping framelines.

I am guessing they didnt make it. If so why not?

What about:-

Ability to have peaking AND spirit level at the same time.

Ability to have focus assist box remember its position.

My request is that we return to the facility that was developed on the M8, M9 and M series, in which you can assign a folder name or number (eg L601, M240, M800), and picture numbers can increase up to 9999, not limited to 999

Option to save DNG and JPG to different memory cards.

Square cropping framelines.

I am guessing they didnt make it. If so why not?

probably because this was a dot release specifically to add tethering to the function list. Everything else would have been bug fixes found during the testing phase. Firmware that changes the functionality of the camera are usually full number updates not dot releases.

You should add you wishes to the FW 3.0 thread and send them to Leica as well.

Gordon

Edited by FlashGordonPhotography
  • Like 1

Another way to do this after updating and restoring your profiles is to take a picture, put the SD card in you computer and rename the file with the last file number (or any number you want). Don't save the file, just rename it. Then put the SD card back in the camera and take another picture. The new picture will have the next sequential number. You can then delete these pictures if you don't want them or re-format the card. The numbering is now reset.

This was my first firmware update so I wasn't aware of the problem until after I had updated and reformatted the card. Renaming on the computer worked for me.

Wonderful It's OK  Thanks

It seems to me that the folks designing the naming system regard the file name numbering as an ID rather than as a sequence. Which is pretty much how I regard it too, so the renumbering on an update that the camera does doesn't bother me most of the time. I can time-order my photos by setting the parameters in LR to the time/date captured, and then renumber them if the sequence is important.

BTW, There is now a reminder to save profiles ... This was implemented in the fw2.0 installer. 

I find the camera cold boots and warm boots with R and M lenses now as fast as it does with the SL24-90 mm lens; it used to take double the time to be ready with an adapted lens. This is good! 

• Like 1

Yes boot times with M lenses and saving/restoring profiles is brilliant!

+1!

I was going to skip this update until I read about the improved start-up times.  Definitely worth it for M and R lens users.  Did I miss it, or was this not mentioned in the release notes?

It is a great App, but Leica need to improve their previews to make it really useful. Them jpegs embedded in the DNG are fairly low quality and suffer from wired artefacts when the highlights are close to clipping.