It is time for firmware update 2.0

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The T is still in FW version 1.xxxxx,

So after the updates on the M, SL and now the Q, I think it is time for FW 2.0 for the T.

So far the firmware updates for the T ironed out the most (important) glitches in software and UI and improved the usability of the camera a lot...., it is a joy the use the T.

But I think it is time, us T-users, can get some of the goodies from the SL in the T as well.

The functionality of using the M- and T lenses, as is existing on the SL, could also be implemented on the T.

One of the most important enhancements for using the T with adapted lenses could be the integration of the R and M lens- and colour corrections and integrating the lensprofiles in the EXIF. The R-adapter L should be usable on the T as well, sharing the same mount, but I understand it is not possible, yet (depending on FW-update?)

This is certainly no new request, but why is it taking so long?

Or are there technical limitations. I can't see any.

Any thoughts....?

• Like 1

This is certainly no new request, but why is it taking so long?

Or are there technical limitations. I can't see any.

Any thoughts....?

Could it be possible because Leica is working on a "Super" T, with all the goodies of Q and SL, that would be announced in Fotokina? ...

Just a wishful thinking! ... ... ;)

Guest satrycon

pretty smooth since 1.5.1....and i recently printed 2 dozen pics @ 30cmx25cm..came out beautiful..including low light high ISO shots...so personally i don't care about upping the MP in a T2...[though if it were released with a 24MP APS-C id buy it anyways]

Edited by satrycon
  • Like 1