Replicating jpg settings of SL in LR

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I find that standard jpg settings on SL are a good starting point for tweaking RAW files in LR. Any idea how I can replicate those settings in LR? 

For some lenses, I find that the embedded colour profile in LR/RAW is better than that in jpg, while luminosity values of jpg is better. In this case I use PS to apply image to a layer copy with blend mode as luminosity.

While for certain indoor light conditions, I find the jpg colours are better than embedded, while the luminosity values are better in LR/RAW. In this case I use PS to apply image to a layer copy with blend mode as colour.

Therefore, I would like to have the jpg settings applied to RAW images while importing to LR, and then post process. Is this possible?

Use a color checker,  Get the raw WB to match the JPeG,  Apply a tone curve to raw so white to black  squares MEASURE the same.   now get the RGB squares measured individual values to match.   Save as preset.  Tell ACR or LR to aways open files from that camera serial number using that preset.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Use a color checker,  Get the raw WB to match the JPeG,  Apply a tone curve to raw so white to black  squares MEASURE the same.   now get the RGB squares measured individual values to match.   Save as preset.  Tell ACR or LR to aways open files from that camera serial number using that preset.

Are you aware of a set by step manual with screenshots for this strategy, or could you support your post with a couple of screenshots? I am not good enough in Lightroom to fully understand from what you write what to do but have the same question as su25. Many thanks in advance.