Leica Macro-Elmar-M V1 and V2 Question

dkmoore

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I don't understand your question. Of course all collapsibles lock in extended position, otherwise you wouldn't have a fixed position with the possibility of focused images :) . It does not click if that's what you mean, but does the V2 that ? Don't think so

Edited by otto.f

Does anyone use the 50 Elmar hood with the V1 or V2? If so, does it provide enough shade in your experience?

If possible, can you post a picture of it on your 90 Macro? I am considering purchasing as I don't think I will use the large hood that came with it due to size.

Thanks,

Dustin 

Does anyone use the 50 Elmar hood with the V1 or V2? If so, does it provide enough shade in your experience? [...]

This little hood is yet almost useless as a shade on the 50/2.8 so no sorry it provides no shade enough for the 90/4 macro by far.

The regular 12575 metal hood is the most efficient in my experience. It takes no room in the bag on the v1, not the v2 as it is not reversible on the latter.

If you're after a compact and efficient hood, you might wish to try the 11250 rubber hood for "thin" Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8.

The 12517 rubber hood for Elmar-C 90/4 is even smaller but has not the same filter thread as the lens. No problem to screw it into a filter though.

This little hood is yet almost useless as a shade on the 50/2.8 so no sorry it provides no shade enough for the 90/4 macro by far.

The regular 12575 metal hood is the most efficient in my experience. It takes no room in the bag on the v1, not the v2 as it is not reversible on the latter.

If you're after a compact and efficient hood, you might wish to try the 11250 rubber hood for "thin" Tele-Elmarit 90/2.8.

The 12517 rubber hood for Elmar-C 90/4 is even smaller but has not the same filter thread as the lens. No problem to screw it into a filter though.

I use the 50 Elmar hood on my V1 and I never had any problems whatsoever to the point that I keep it permanently attached to the lens and the original shade stays in the box. Much more convenient in my opinion than the original hood (I don't have to take it off and reverse it to store the lens). 

I haven't noticed any change in the performance of the lens due to the use of the 50/2.8 hood over the original hood. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks for both of your replies. I will probably give it a try. Maybe because of the added depth of the filter ring it adds enough for shade?

The 50 Elmar hood definitely looks better in my opinion, thanks for the picture.

Do you put a cap over the top or just leave it open? I am assuming the supplied cap doesn't fit as it looks like the Elmar shade has a lip that protrudes. Maybe it is just the angle?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The supplied cap fits on the Elmar shade, but I never use it.

I keep the filter in place, and the Elmar shade on top, and that's it, no need for anything else. It's a very compact package, which is the reason I like the Elmar shade given I never noticed any negative effects due to its use (over the original hood supplied with the lens). 

Edited by smkoush