LR users - sharpening settings for M

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I thank all of you for your kind and detailed answers (nice links, Jaap), but I know what (capture) sharpening is, I'm just looking for setting a nice preset on M as a default for LR picture importing, just like I do on my other cameras: a value strong enough to compensating losses in Bayer-matrix demosaicing process without add halos and artifacts. Capture sharpening should be, by definition, relatively subject-independent.

Creative and output sharpening, for printing, is another matter (of which I usually discuss with my fine-art lab's guy) but I didn't intend to refer to it here  :)

Steve I find the two default capture sharpening options (people or scenic) suitable. I have always used those foe all digital M cameras and the S cameras too. By default I have the people option applied on import in a preset. There are so many variables including your leneses, techniques and preferences of course. Perhaps you might like to experiment starting from those LR defaults? 

I consider that the masking setting is very significant. An example of that with landscapes would be that you can avoid sharpening artefacts in the smooth sky tones.

as a further comment you have the option for local area sharpening if wanted (as with many effects)

• Like 1