cannot push EVF inside the slot

cirke

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I cannot push the EVF inside the slot anymore 

Jaap in another thread told me to  Remove the piece of fluff that is stuck in the interface

but I see nothing inside, does someone had the same problem ?

thanks

photos with iphone

m240-evf-slot.jpg

m240-evf.jpg

Edited by erick

The flash unit or accessory shoe looks bent out of shape. It looks asymmetrical and the left hand side is a bit raised from the body. Have you used this camera with  a flash unit recently?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The flash unit or accessory shoe looks bent out of shape. It looks asymmetrical and the left hand side is a bit raised from the body. Have you used this camera with  a flash unit recently?

yes but only the  new SF-40  and it works fine, I have tried it just now 

but you are right it looks asymmetrical

This is what mine looks like:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I think yours is warped. One possible explanation could be a blow to the flash from the left hand side.

The scratches were there when I bought it. They were responsible for a nicely reduced price.

It appears to me that the connector is sitting somewhat low in the camera top plate. (yours too, Philipp)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

even your slot doesn't look like mine, yours is totally open and mine has something inside --> ok Wetzlar  and by the way I shall ask for a RF calibration

thanks to all !

Edited by erick

I have that thing (horizontal strip) inside, but it is set back, not flush with the outer frame. I assumed your shot was well lit, and so showed that strip inside. Pop's may be less well lit, and the strip may be in shadow. I couldn't see any obvious differences between yours and mine, except yours looks considerably more battered (well-used).

• Like 1

This will be sorted out - hopefully without too much waiting!

My experience is that RF calibration is more or less default to any repair/changes/adjustments to the body - so you can expect to get back a calibrated body. The latter is one of the beauties of using the M. All (digital) bodies I have owned have been calibrated. Its really frustrating to have a finder out of alignment, and the repair time can be frustrating as well. When things align, however, the M sings...

Edited by helged
  • Like 1

I have that thing (horizontal strip) inside, but it is set back, not flush with the outer frame. I assumed your shot was well lit, and so showed that strip inside. Pop's may be less well lit, and the strip may be in shadow. I couldn't see any obvious differences between yours and mine, except yours looks considerably more battered (well-used).

I have mine since March 2013 and I use nearly each day 

thanks

The slot in yours definitely has a foreign object in there. It looks like the flat connector board from the EVF pin. I would look in all your EVFs to see if one is missing the board. If I am right, you will be able to remove the board stuck in the camera with tweezers, but do this bit-by-bit, and carefully!

Hope it works out!

J

Edited by Mute-on
  • Like 1