Porto Factory Tour - 13/10/16

Wife Fatima and I - both Leica users - live in Porto and would be pleased to meet you for dinner on Wednesday 12. Also, let us know if you need any help with city info, logistics, etc. We will gladly help if we can. Paulo Silveira may also be available to join us for dinner, not sure though.

Jose

Yeah it would be great to meet up for dinner.

One question; do you have the address of the Leica factory, as I will be driving there? Andy was kind enough to give me an address which he thought was it, but somehow or another I can't find it now.

Thanks & regards

Tom

• Like 1

It's called the Fine Arts Guesthouse, Porto. Appropriate for fine artists like ourselves :)

I think they still have another room for that night too!

Thanks Dan but we've already booked and paid for the hotel.

Perhaps Jose could suggest a time and place to meet, maybe somewhere central and easy to find. We also need to consider Simon's flight arrival time into Lisbon.

We leave this coming Sunday and are very much looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cheers, Tom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks Dan but we've already booked and paid for the hotel.

Perhaps Jose could suggest a time and place to meet, maybe somewhere central and easy to find. We also need to consider Simon's flight arrival time into Lisbon.

We leave this coming Sunday and are very much looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Cheers, Tom

How about meeting at 7pm at a downtown pub called "Bonaparte Downtown", located at "Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes 40"? It is a nice place to meet and have a beer. We could then have dinner at one of the many restaurants neaby by walking distance, at some convenient time. Restaurants in the city operate with very extended hours.

Edited by Jose_Salcedo

As i will be flying in and flying out to Porto, I found a place for left luggage at the airport.

Baggage Storage

You may use our Baggage Storage Area, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to leave your luggage. It is located in the arrivals area, next to car park area P2.

Phone (+351) 218 413 594

Fees (per piece and per day)

- up tp 10 Kg 2,90€

- from 10 to 30 kg 4,30€

- more than 30 Kg 8,60€

How about meeting at 7pm at a downtown pub called "Bonaparte Downtown", located at "Praça Guilherme Gomes Fernandes 40"? It is a nice place to meet and have a beer. We could then have dinner at one of the many restaurants neaby by walking distance, at some convenient time. Restaurants in the city operate with very extended hours.

Sounds good.

Simon, Ritsuko and I are to arrive a bit later to join you for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all

Here's my contact for those who need a ride

paulo.silveira@slcameras.com

+351938780149

Pls confirm how many of you will be travelling with me

Thank you

Hi Paulo,

Dan, Ritsuko, and myself would appreciate a lift, thanks. Looking forwards to meeting you

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That was a very nice and interesting experience, thank you Paulo (and John and Andy) for organising it. It's amazing to see how much manual work goes into the production process, and i think it goes a long way to justifying the prices that Leica charge

• Like 2

That was a very nice and interesting experience, thank you Paulo (and John and Andy) for organising it. It's amazing to see how much manual work goes into the production process, and i think it goes a long way to justifying the prices that Leica charge

I echo the same thoughts. Thank you Paulo for an insiders experience and thanks to John and Andy for making the contacts of Paulo, Jose and Fatima.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1