Wrong aperture no in the EXIF data.

HenrikP

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have discovered a small error on my m-e. It writes the wrong aperture number to the EXIF data. I have only one lens a 50 mm Summarit 2.4. The exposure is correct, but if I take a series of 2.4, it will in 30-50% say 2.8.

It is both in M an A program.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Henrik.

There is no electronic signal relating to aperture setting relayed from the lens to the body.  It is an approximation.  Make sure that your camera is set to auto detect the  lens.  You might find other posts about aperture / EXIF  on our forum search facility.

Edited by lucerne
  • Like 1

As there is no electrical contact between an M lens and the M cameras the aperture setting cannot be read by the camera.it is merely a guess made by the camera to what the aperture actually is.

• Like 1

As there is no electrical contact between an M lens and the M cameras the aperture setting cannot be read by the camera.it is merely a guess made by the camera to what the aperture actually is.

Of course, it makes perfect sense. I can see that the camera is better to estimate the right aperture to use when higher aperture no is used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD