concert photography

Advertisement (gone after registration)

A situation I often encountered regarding a long lens was when I wanted a high angle shot and the only way to get it was from one of the balconies. That necessitated a long lens to stay close enough.

As an aside and counterpoint, I think my favourite Adrenalin rush was using a 15mm CV on my M9, on stage, mingling with the high speed dancers. This of course was a full dress rehearsal, with permission! :D

Show some pics so we can have the rush too.

• Like 1

OK. It may take some time to dig them up. Gotta remember which year it was. Currently am searching the archives for other stuff so may 'trip' over them anyway.

Keep reminding me. :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Billy Talent 2016

Billy Talent, 2016

Bring Me The Horizon 2016

Bring Me The Horizon, 2016

Here are some of my live music photos with a 50mm Summilux ASPH on an M240. This was from an arena show but I was lucky to have on-stage access or else I would have definitely needed a longer lens or my other camera system

Edited by charleswolford
  • Like 2

Havent had the opportunity in a while, but I do enjoy concert photography. I'm on the board of directors of a guitar orchestra and do a lot of work for them. Typically use an XT or 645 for the front of house tight or wide shots, but all of the rehearsal and back stage stuff is done with the M...

75mm Heliar

27199244715_6bb91b8238_b.jpg

26592941374_2caf72cc2e_b.jpg

50mm Sumicron

26784722932_c30ce65d14_b.jpg

• Like 1