Osprey And The Moon

fotografr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This Osprey was being very cooperative about being photographed. Captiva Island, Florida.

VL114

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 16

Brent,

I remember that last week you speculated that everyone must be on vacation.

What has happened, changed, to this forum. I know my limitations as a total amateur shooting inferior Pan-Leica products so I can understand the lack of interest but it appears to be happening across the board.

It's like the famous quotation of Coco Chanel's: "I do not care what people think about me because I don't think about them at all".

Brent,

I remember that last week you speculated that everyone must be on vacation.

What has happened, changed, to this forum. I know my limitations as a total amateur shooting inferior Pan-Leica products so I can understand the lack of interest but it appears to be happening across the board.

It's like the famous quotation of Coco Chanel's: "I do not care what people think about me because I don't think about them at all".

Yes, I agree and it's sad. I recall a few years ago we had numerous, lively discussions about photos posted here. Now, it's look quickly and move along without comment. I'm pretty close to bailing out and finding somewhere else to post. It's just not worth the effort.

Edited by fotografr

That would be sad. I've got 13 years invested. So, It's the human race that changed? Remember John from Vancouver? He saw this coming.

Yes, I do remember him. His flower photos were exceptional. I think he gave up and left the forum for just the reason we're talking about. You and I go back about the same time period. I started here in 2002. 

I'd save a lot of money by not participating here. If I were to calculate the dollars spent due to G.A.S. from seeing results from the work of others here, I know it would be in the tens of thousands. Now that I'm retired, the primary reason I stick with Leica is to be able to post on this forum. There are a lot of very good, less expensive alternatives out there.

Same here. My son is a pro in Bozeman. He has been after me to drop Leica for years. If you ever move, please let me know so I can still enjoy your professionalism and learn from your work.

Hello Brent,

Nice photo.

It appears that the Moon was also "very cooperative".

Sometimes things go thru phases. Sometimes there are a number of Threads that I have a specific interest in & sometimes there is a gap with a reasonably long dry spell.  

Your photos are very nice. Don't think that the current lack of interest you are seeing has anything to do with your photos. Sometimes the World is just ...........

Best Regards,

Michael 

I think the THANKS button has a lot to do with the decrease in comments. I wish they would do away with it.

I agree with you "Thanks" are nice but comments help us get to know one another and make constructive criticism more meaningful.
  • Like 1

[quote name="fotografr" post="3069558"

This Osprey was being very cooperative about being photographed. Captiva Island, Florida.

VL114I found the same true in the Everglades, I was able to get a lot closer than I expected. This is a beautiful image and you get extra credit for the moon.

Thanks very much, war, Michael, Bill and Albert.

I think you're on to something with the thanks button. I like it as a way to thank people for their comments without bumping the photo back to the top and artificially increasing the comment tally. However, I don't see much use in it as a way substituting for commenting on a photo. It seems to be a way of indicating that a photo is kind of okay, but not good enough to warrant a few words. I'm not sure that's a good option to have.

Brent,

well I really like this. Haven't seen a photo of an Osprey before  so I had no idea what one looked like (where have I been?). So considerate of it to perch in just the right spot.  How far away from it were you?

Mark

Great shot…what an imperious pose!

"I think you're on to something with the thanks button"…I think that's quite right; and I must confess it has encouraged me to be lazy (tho it's marginally better than F-book's 'Like').

​I do think that if one like's something, it's right to either say why, or hi.

Sam

I agree with you "Thanks" are nice but comments help us get to know one another and make constructive criticism more meaningful.

..... and I think the tendency to post images under the specific camera subsection has also eaten into posts in the photo section ...... there is probably more images posted on the Leica Q thread daily than here ....... and most are excellent.