Leica M Monochrom à la Carte now available

Herr Barnack

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Many have waited and longed for this day.  At last, Leica will let the buyer decide what he/she wants in a Monochrom!

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/leica_m_monochrom_a_la_carte/

Made to measure: Leica M Monochrom à la carte

Leica à la carte programme extended with the addition of the Leica M Monochrom, with silver chrome finish available for the first time

Leica Camera has today announced that its successful Leica M à la carte camera personalisation programme has been expanded with the addition of the Leica M Monochrom, bringing the entire portfolio of bespoke options to this special digital rangefinder model.

The Leica M Monochrom, which incorporates a unique black and white sensor, can now be ordered with a multitude of tailored features, including a choice of classic black chrome or black paint body. Furthermore, for the first time and exclusively via the à la carte programme, customers can also select the camera body in a stunning silver chrome finish.

Another article - https://www.ephotozine.com/article/leica-m-monochrom-added-to-leica-a-la-carte-camera-personalisation-service-29513

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

Well, actually it just formalizes - and markets- what Leica has been doing for years on an individual basis on request.

Jaap, I think your comment is not quite right as its seems that Leica has served people on "individual levels". Thus the addition of the monochrom to the A-la-Carte-Program is a step forward.

Regards,

Steve

That was exactly what I was saying, Steve, a formalization of an existing individual service. I even had to sign an NDA (revoked a year later) not to show my camera to anybody -sic!- (how did they imagine that could be implemented???) when having it a-la-carted in 2012. It was the second Monochrom that Leica agreed to engrave.

I compared the price of a standard production black on black Monocrom typ 246 to an a la carte M/M.  If I were to order the a la carte version, I would save $200 or 180€.  Go figure.

But then again, a guy has to wonder how many months of waiting saving that $200/180€ would invlove.  Still, a chrome M/M with gray leather is awfully tempting...

Edited by Carlos Danger