Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks Gerry for your post.

Print with inkjet printer and print with enlarger , not the same process (simple deposit of ink on paper) 

and what pleasure in doing print yourself at home.

I have also a CCD M9 and M8 and when you conversed in b&w sometimes you have "banding" not the case

with film because it's grain and not pixels (who needs software)

Best

Henry

I must say that I have never ever noticed banding on any of my images. The M9 I have was fitted with a new sensor before I bought it so that may be the reason.

I have said before but I will repeat, I used to hate darkroom work and will not be going back.

Gerry

• Like 2

Sorry gents for being late responding, as well as a bit confusing about my whereabouts but I live both near Zurich Switzerland and also in St George Utah. But we are busy preparing to return to the US, kids and grandkids living there, so... Love it here too though..but change is good, so until the end of the year our residence is here in Switzerland. But I do prefer to purchase while in the US as there's always an issue with importation etc as Switzerland isn't part of the EU, OBTW that's right neither is The UK

Will be buying film tonight as we will be back in the US to receive the package in time by the end of this coming week.

Thanks all for inputs, and sorry if I forget/don't know how to press the thank you button, but I don't quite know the inner workings of this mail system yet.

If I get going on the film again then expect to see me asking advice, as I'm not afraid of admitting my ignorance.

And just to make this whole Leica thing "interesting" I'm looking into the R9

Thanks again all

Preben

Preben

I used to use a R8 and it was a tremendous camera. I am sure the R9 would be even more so, and the R lenses are not too expensive now.

Thanks for your personal email which I have replied to.

Gerry

Why film? Because it is so exciting, that's why! I received a box of new film yesterday and couldn't wait to get at it. I felt like a little kid. I grabbed some rolls out of the box, loaded my M-A and immediately headed straight outdoors to shoot it.

That roll was shot, developed and scanned by the evening. I am already half way through a second roll.

A new Leica manual film camera, a 1956 Leica Elmar M 50/3.5 lens and a brand new box of film.

How can you NOT love it!!

Digital feels so "mehh" next to that. :D

Edited by ThePioneer
  • Like 2