Advertisement (gone after registration)

I shot this in Beijing in 1998 using a Leica M6 and 50mm Summicron f2 lens. The film was Tri-X. I have just got around to scanning it as part of my efforts to digitise many years of film images. I guess these streets have disappeared now since the rebuilding for the Olympics. I have just started shooting film again with a M7!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

I was there in 2014 after the Olympics. There were some streets like this around the lake in the Hu-Tong, many tuktuk drivers live their

Thanks for the update Otto. I would love to go back there one day but I cannot see it happening.

Gerry

• 2 months later...

I was in Beijing in 2001 and saw many Hutong areas; it was evident back then many were being torn down and replaced with high-rise apartments. I'd be interested to know if any still exist today.

Excellent shot, thanks for sharing!

Best regards, Allan

I was in Beijing in 2001 and saw many Hutong areas; it was evident back then many were being torn down and replaced with high-rise apartments. I'd be interested to know if any still exist today.

Excellent shot, thanks for sharing!

Best regards, Allan

Thanks for commenting Allan. i was there earlier than you and at that time they were not clearing them, but I know it has happened since.

Gerry

• Like 1