DAG

ananda

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just have to say Don Goldberg does great work on Leicas. Fast turnaround, too. Like two days. Had my 240's RF adjusted and lens, 50 Summilux ASPH, re lubed and checked. Apparently Leica no longer uses some old lube from 20 years ago and switched maybe 7 years ago to some new formulation that isn't nearly as good as the old. The lens had a tiny bit of play in it. Due to deterioration of the grease. Anyway, DAG does fine work but it is pricey. Very pricey was my experience, but what can you do!

• Like 1

His work has always been good.  Prices I always thought were reasonable compared to Leica USA.   I'm suprised about the quick turnaround though.  My experience was always that repairs would sit untouched indefinitely untill I called and bugged him repeatedly. 

Don does brilliant work and his prices are a bargain compared to other  professional camera repair and modification services.

After many years of having my  Arriflexs, Aatons, and Sony video cameras repaired for thousands and thousands of dollars, I can tell you a repair bill from Don always brings a smile to my face.  

Ciao,  Sully

Edited by Sully
  • Like 1

I just sent him two lenses, a 50 Summilux ASPH and a 90 Summicron that were both back focusing, his email replies have been super prompt (within minutes) and I'm hopeful that the repair will be a quick turnaround as well. 

I thought the estimated price was reasonable, though slightly high, but his reputation tells me that it's money well spent. 

His prices are a bargain.  And he fixed a sticky focus on my 50 Summilux ASPH, after Leica NJ tried, failed and said it couldn't be improved.  I had it back from Don within a week for under $100, working better than when it was new.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...