Your favorite Leica lens?

peterjcb

I like the lens to be Leica lens on film and digital. Factory coded and recognized. I don't like it to be prone to fungus and separation, which is present even in latest ELC lenses. I don't like cheap plastic focus tab on ELC lenses, either. Everything which can't handle 39mm Leica filter size is too big for me. This is how I meet NiB Summarit-M 35 2.5.  :)

I don't have "my favorite photo", here is my photo with Summarit-M 35 2.5 which is favorite with other people.

On M4-2 and printed in the darkroom:

28346883725_44f040f4c4_o.jpg

Edited by Ko.Fe.
  • Like 14

I love my 50mm Rigid Summicron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And my 35 cron asph.

Did not really love the 50 Elmar-M, 50 Lux Asph, 35 Zeiss Biogon and 15 Voigtlander.

One lens I really liked but it ain't no Leica is the Canon 50mm 1.4LTM.

Still, the 35 cron asph and 50 rigid are still in my bag for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I probably the current 50mm Summilux. It is small, fast, ergonomic, renders beautifully and is easy and reliable to focus. It is the most dependable lens I use, if not the most exciting.

However, my most used lens at present is a 28mm Summicron, which is being used to document the events in Catalunya, and which was bought specifically for the project. The 50mm is simply too tight in this case..

So maybe the correct answer is “it depends...”.

Can't say I have a favorite, would somewhat be akin to having a favorite child.   I will mention however that I do have a least favorite, the current version of the Summicron 50mm. For whatever reason, I never quite came to terms with how my copy rendered. After a couple of years of trying, I finally sold it for a Summilux BC which I'm far happier with.

I like the lens to be Leica lens on film and digital. Factory coded and recognized. I don't like it to be prone to fungus and separation, which is present even in latest ELC lenses. I don't like cheap plastic focus tab on ELC lenses, either. Everything which can't handle 39mm Leica filter size is too big for me. This is how I meet NiB Summarit-M 35 2.5.  :)

I don't have "my favorite photo", here is my photo with Summarit-M 35 2.5 which is favorite with other people.

On M4-2 and printed in the darkroom:

28346883725_44f040f4c4_o.jpg

When you go back again to look at picture....

Love it. Excellent. Doesn't matter what lens was used.

• Like 3

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

SL + Noctilux-M f/0.95 ASPH

My favorite lenses:

50mm Noctilux-M f/0.95 ASPH on SL

75mm Summilux-M f/1.4 on MM

70mm Summarit-S f/2.5 CS on S

• Like 7

I only have and I only need three Leica M-mount lenses and only two of the three are Leica lenses (90mm f/2 and 21mm f/1.4). These two provide support to my favorite lens, the Zeiss 35mm f/1.4.

Of the two support lenses, my favorite is the 21mm f/1.4 because I tend to shoot more with wide-angle on my rangefinders than telephoto. Plus, the 21 is the only one that is coded and therefore works very well with my M10.

36275915712_5b3c6eefc0_c.jpg

Leica M6 Rangefinder Kit by Narsuitus, on Flickr

• Like 3