Your favorite Leica lens?

peterjcb

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading this post debating my answer, I know what the word favorite means but guess I don't see it this way. I enjoy using all my lenses but I use what's appropriate. Perhaps I'm different in that I don't have multiple of the same POV angle. With all that said my favorite lens would be whatever I have chosen for whichever particular situation / condition

• 1 month later...

Whichever will give me what I want for a particular shot print.  Today I needed a 70.  Have been patiently waiting this week for a gloomy winter sunrise thru a specific window over the lake - will be a 90

That said, Summi 50 2.0 ver 4 never fails to please

Have every step from 21 to 135... lots of 50's, some pre-war etc. acquired over 45 yrs + full Viso 3 kit (works great with 240)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To revisit this post I still stand by my statement of saying whichever one I was using for its intended purpose and so far of all the Leica lenses I've tried / owned, the only one I didn't really like was the 50mm Summilux ASPH, perhaps it's just me or I just had a bad copy or something but it never quite lived up to the hype for me (that's what I hate about hype). I very much prefer the Summicron 50 and now have a pretty rough V4 50 Cron that I like better. 

Though in that time I have also since purchased a 50 Elmar-M and boy do I love that lens! What a wonderful little optic, it may take the cake for me.

Still want to try the 35 Summilux Pre-Asph though!