What strap do you use?

HenrikP

All my Leica digital Ms wear the standard Leica 14312  strap.  I prefer its flexibility and the fact that the pad does not tend to slip if I use shoulder carry.  I have a nearly identical strap made by UpStrap that I use on non-Leica bodies.

• Like 4

Safari & Strap..

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

A challenge for all you M9/M-E users what camera strap do you use on your camera, let's see some photo.

(Ps. I am waiting for a strap from Tie Her Up, when I got it, I will post photo)

Regards Henrik

Depends on the use. Normally just about anything I have lying around, mostly factory straps I collected over the years or something by Luigi, if I have heavy lenses on a SunSniper diagonal strap, walking or hiking a lengthened strap diagonally.

• Like 3

hi to all,

just a quick word of advise for the ones using 3rd party straps on your M9/M-E (or whatever Leica), beware to use some small protection leather disks or anything similar around the camera fixation rings. If the strap metal rings are not well polished, with any tiny sharp edge, they will destroy the body paint in only some weeks.

Hopefully I found this in a old camera before using it in any of my Leica cameras.

Although I believe most of the models have those plastic pads for protection I'm not sure this is true for all models. Just a word of caution.

cheers. 

Edited by gu_al
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Currently trying the Gordy Strap. Have used the Leica strap in the past. Also like a few simple thin leather straps I got a few years ago from Sherry Krauter.

• Like 1

The 14312 works perfectly for me.

I haven't ever seriously thought about using anything else.

Gratuitous snap of the Box-Brownie (with almost no strap in view);

Pip.

I have used various Lugi, A&A and Ona straps made from leather, silk and climbing rope but I find the Harry Benz strap works best for me. It's made from water buffalo hide, has a simple style but is extremely comfortable. They feel like they will last a lifetime.

I have used various Lugi, A&A and Ona straps made from leather, silk and climbing rope but I find the Harry Benz strap works best for me. It's made from water buffalo hide, has a simple style but is extremely comfortable. They feel like they will last a lifetime.

The water buffalo was happy with it and it definitely lasted him a lifetime.  :)

Now it is here a Nevada strap hand made from Tie Her Up in Greec, soft and jet cool and look like it have seen the world. Great stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

On my M9 a Luigi shoulder strap of aged military green, as well as a wrist strap. For my MM  the original Leica leather strap which I find much more sympathetic than the standard nylon-something strap, the stiff rubber shoulder pad is always in my way when stowing. Or on my MM a wriststrap from Gordy. I mostly prefer a small bag from which I catch my camera with a wrist strap as a safety line above a shoulder strap which makes you an eye-catcher and thus diminishes your chances to capture special moments.

A home made finger loop with a bit of suede plus an old thumbs up with what was left of the paint removed, It is very secure and you can hold it all day without feeling burdened. Just slot your two fingers through and its very secure

• Like 4

I received a Gordy strap for Xmas last year...I like it but have found the underside of the leather, along with the neck pad, very uncomfortable in hot and humid weather (I took it to Singapore recently). This led me on a bit of a strap quest. I recently bought the Artisan & Artist ACAM 301N and Sailor Strap's similarly styled offering. They are very similar with some small differences that may or may not be objectively important. Big difference is price — the A&A is much more expensive. And...of course that's the one I prefer (I fully intended to send it back if I liked the SS version better). 

• 2 weeks later...

The Leica standard 14312 meets all my needs. The only problem I have encountered is that on one of mine the locking piece came undone - twice. It is a bit of a shock to find this undone when coming back from a long walk on city pavements. I don't suppose the design would allow the camera to fall, as the ring still forms an unbroken loop - but those ends on the wire are sharp and could easily scratch the body.

Why not a STRAP section within BB?  -- Onwards, Apart from the flashy strap on my Safari I always use the Leica given strap.. Never had an issue or problem..

Edited by Manoleica

• 1 month later...

I used a really old leather strap that broke this winter. The camera did fine and since then I've been using the factory strap, which is really nice for being plastic. But I wanted a leather strap again so I bought a 42" tan strap from 595strapco that I really enjoy. Nothing fancy, just a piece of what seems to be really good quality leather, it's perfect for me. I usually carry the camera cross-body or in my hand, with the strap wrapped around my wrist. Good price, at least if you're in Europe (not sure about shipping costs for the rest of the world).

28435308380_18b6018779_z.jpg