M8 Vertical Rangefinder Alignment Price?

Chubkins

Well, when I sent my M8 into Leica the primary motivation was faulty rangefinder alignment. But as it was probably due for a good CLA anyway, I requested that as well. In addition to CLA and rangefinder alignment- which may be a part of standard CLA- they discovered a faulty rewind motor, adjusted sensor alignment (which I guess could have been the real problem I was having with focus,) and replaced the covering. Final bill was $500.00. I am pretty happy with the result.

• Like 1

My M8 is in Wetzlar now, with an intermittent shutter issue, which they fixed fairly easily during their examination.

The camera had been dropped a year ago and they also noted that the sensor alignment was out of spec, I had dead pixels and the rangefinder needed cleaning and adjustment.

Their estimate for all that plus a full CLA is 760 Euros. (Not sure which part of Ireland you're in, so that =£592)

Ernst

• Like 1

If it is just the vertical alignment I would never consider sending the camera to Leica. I would drop by the local camera repIr shop - provided they know about Leicas and wait ten minutes for them to adjust it. I would not expect it to cost the earth. Alternately I would tackle it myself. It is an easy DIY job.