Every few years an advertising company needs a Leica M to spice up their product?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Found the commercial:The title is: "think different...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqHtMZRipdk&list=PL343WigbiMqSnQUe82ATjxdqPEQVpzw2O

Interesting... They're advertising a Korean made car and trying to glitz it up with a German made camera.

Why not just buy a German made car? ;)

Might have to disagree with the statement that 'not any people can recognise a leica'. I haven't seen the advert but it never fails to amaze how many people say ' oh a leica' when I'm out and about. Never happened with other cameras I owned before.

The custom official in Berlin Tegel airport said " oh Leica , very good, very good... " when he saw my new M 262 when I opened the package for custom stamp.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that Leica has got in with this budget car manufacturer, they are not exactly bedfellows are they?. But then again, Leica's new owners are in danger of downgrading the brand.

Edited by appleman

I'm surprised that Leica has got in with this budget car manufacturer, they are not exactly bedfellows are they?. But then again, Leica's new owners are in danger of downgrading the brand.

After paying $$$ to Leica, the left over can fetch only budget car. :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I wouldn't call the IONIQ a budget car, it is technically highly interesting and innovative - and not cheap.

• Like 1

Hum... I wouldn't even be so sure that Leica paid for this "collateral" presence in the Hyunday ad... in total, I'd say no much more than 1 second in display... Red Dot well visible but not many people do recognize it all at once (WE, of course, are of another breed... :p ) , no brand name visible...

The video of SV DELOS is another thing... the M3 stays for long on display... and the choice of mounting on it a Super Angulon 3,4 CHROME ;)  ... is really a classy detail B) (any photog who has lived onto a boat knows well that a good and strong WA is mandatory for onboard shots...)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

In the film Kong 2017 scull Island : 

Looks like a Hermes camera with a 35mm with goggles and a light meter: 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The ad opens with "Can practical things also be beautiful ...".  The clear implication is that a Leica is practical and beautiful, but also well made, German and desirable.

No doubt Hyundai will have paid for this, and it isn't a bad association for Leica in the Far East.  Where Toyotas are ubiquitous, Hyundai are seen as well made and a bit different - they also have an association with a European manufacturer, though I can't recall which.  VW?