"Trade-up" still offered for bad M9's sensor

Deliberate1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Friends, my M9 is due for a sensor replacement. Does Leica still offer any kind of "trade-up" deal, as they did some time ago with the 240 option. If so, does Leica decide which M9's may be eligible depending on the the condition of the camera?

Obliged

Edited by Deliberate1

I sent my M9 in about a month ago and inquired about the trade up and yes it was still available at that time and it seems to be just a fixed rate (and expensive). I thought about it for a while but decided not to go for it as the M240 is approaching the end of it's release cycle and anyway I think I prefer the M Typ 262 which is not part of the programme.

• Like 1

I went ahead and had the sensor on my M9 replaced AND purchased an M262. Best of both worlds. The new bodies are definitely improvements across the board functionally, and above ISO 1000 or so, very much improved in the image quality department.

I only had the M262 for about 2 1/2 months while the M9 was getting the new sensor. Since receiving the M9 back, I've used them together since most everything I do is outdoors and can be captured between ISO 200-800 where the image quality differences are minimal, usually the 35mm f2 ASPH on the M262 and 75mm f2 APO on the M9, and a 21mm f2.8 for use on whichever body I happen to have in my hands at the time.

The M9 I have is a black paint conversion to M9-P specs, so it's just a lot of fun to use. I'll not be parting with it.

• Like 1