Summicron 50mm DR

ubansl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone having experience with Summicron 50mm DR lens with close up attachment? Received one from a friend as gift.

How good it is in comparison to present day crons? Wander what is the present day value as it is in very good condition.

Surely, lot of us in the forum (me included) have a longtime experience with the Summicron DR... even if the advent of digital Leica Ms has caused a lack of interest towards it as a user item (it's not fully usable on them).

I used it for many years on film, and in comparision with my more modern Summicron (1982, not the last) it's at all on the same League : an excellent lens even for today standards and a fine piece of mechanics : the DR system is smartly engineered and of high robustness... my one was bought used, and I operated the near distance setup lot of times, mounting and dismounting the goggles, changing the focus helicoid position...  now I use its lenshead (also unscrewed/screwed many times) : it is still solid as a rock without any play.

It is rather often offered for sale on the Net... so you can easily get an idea of its current evaluations.

Edited by luigi bertolotti
  • Like 1