Locked left wheel?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Love my T but since I started using the M Adapter I find that the left scroll wheel just shows a locked icon when I go back to the 23mm T lens (and sometimes with the M lens mounted so no focus zoom).

VERY frustrating. Anyone seen this and have a fix? Firmware is 1.5.

Love my T but since I started using the M Adapter I find that the left scroll wheel just shows a locked icon when I go back to the 23mm T lens (and sometimes with the M lens mounted so no focus zoom).

VERY frustrating. Anyone seen this and have a fix? Firmware is 1.5.

Hi  Erlingur,

I had something similar happened to me when I was changing between  Leica M / T adapted lens and the T 11-23. But my locked icons was on the right wheel and not the left .

I have no sure way of fixing it . Its seems to work OK after I reset everything including taking the battery out and resetting the camera.   

Sorry couldn't be  of much help.  I am enjoying the challenges this temperamental camera  throws at an old man like me . :rolleyes:

Guest Leicanew

A padlock is shown when you lock any of the dial controlled functions (e.g. EV, ISO, Program, etc.).

To unlock, just rotate one of the dials to show the functions on the top right hand side of the screen and press/hold the locked function until unlocked (an open padlock will be shown - press/hold if you want to lock any dial controlled function again).

Have a go, hopefully it was just accidentally locked.

Cheers!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One of the biggest T frustrations for me is accidentally moving the control wheels and hence changing my desired settings without my knowing, so I would love to be able to lock the wheels, but how? Please can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks Don 

• 2 weeks later...

when you turn the wheel and the icon appeas on the display ...press long on the icon and it will lock. Same procedure to unlock.

Sounds wonderful, indeed exactly what I need BUT it does not work on my camera? I can press on the icon for half a hour - but nothing happens. Has anyone any more ideas or advice please? Thanks Don

• 2 weeks later...

The press and hold method does work on my T. I appreciate the tip Tom0511 posted here.  I could not find a single word in the T manual on this lock feature,which is very needed in my case because I am forever turning the wheel inadvertently.