"THIEF OF SOULS", the story of a voyeur. Jhon Bosch - Some pictures.

the warrior

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Nice photo essay. Posts are a bit disjoint to be coherent, but each on its own is very interesting with great pictures. My favorite is the abandoned houses.

I cannot agree with the comment about being seen by your subject. That is one way of photographing people:  photographing people who are being photographed. But when they do not see you, you are just photographing them. Neither is superior, but neither is inferior.

• Like 1

Thanks NB23.

Thanks Adam.

Thanks to all.

A story to read now:

Platón, Sócrates, Aristóteles, Pitágoras ...... they were born 500 years before one god, they had many gods, but better than the Gods they had their brains, brains free to think and create, read and learn, be free people.

His Kings asked them to all citizens: - "You read ........... or already has become a useless fool ?????".

Today there is only one God (in my opinion) that someone very clever invented, are killed in the name of the God, now people do not read, does not think, does not study, do not know how to be people just have to look at the world to see this.

Today world leaders only are interested in having you and me as useless slaves, unintelligent people who pray much that God to be entertained with an empty brain (in my opinion), people who give little thought to be less ready, they earn money and spend filling eos hands of world leaders.

Our Kings ask us: - "Are you a citizen" normal "or still think ....... ????".

I want to be a citizen who still thinks, I do not want to be a "normal" cuidadano as our leaders want.

This text is too long for a photography forum ????.

Greetings.

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 1

IMHO - overall the images are interesting and thought provoking. Not every image "hits the spot" and possibly if fewer where shown those Posted would be more appreciated... B&W images are best with minimal titles & no explanations.. (if the image does not convey the message, forget it").. Of course we must all try to understand and appreciate the photographers point of view.. - L

• Like 1

Jhon, the two images posted at 08:20 of the hairdresser with the shaven head are excellent, I love the lighting and the mood. The first in particular looks quite menacing, I'm not sure I'd want him near my head with a pair of sharp scissors, ha. The second image seems more relaxed, did he pose for you?

In this instance, a few words to set the scene would be welcome. For some it's just about the image, for me I like to know the background to the image creation - we're all different of course.

Edited by Steve Ricoh
  • Like 1

Well Steve, in the center of Madrid there is a street, "Calle Colon" in nº5 there is a shop tatoos, and just sitting in front there is a hairdresser "Urban Barber" is at No. 10, you can see it in google maps, street viewer.

Whenever I walk by there are people on the sidewalk, a guy from the store tatoos and a hairdresser, they're chatting, now are doing a work in the house and there is scaffolding, they are supported on the scaffold, step and do the photo.

https://www.google.es/maps/@40.4238251,-3.7012494,3a,75y,195.76h,68.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDiNlbaNDCSYADsW3XrapVw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I have a recent photo of two people on the street, one of them is smoking, you can see it in my flickr.

These people I find interesting for my photos.

Many thanks.

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 1

Looking through your Flickr gallery (again), you're an extremely talented photographer, Jhon. I'd go further by saying your images are worthy of a solo exhibition, with a distinct possibility your 'art' would sell if you could attract an appropriate audience. The problem, as always, is getting recognition. Posting here and on Flickr won't do it, but entering completions such as the one run by Sony might help.

• Like 1

I do not know, really, some people say to me, I send my portraits Magnum and some things on the street ........ I'm nobody.

Here in Spain I have said several people, but I have never entered into contests or anything.

There is a friend who tells me to choose 50 photos and send to Magnum :lol: :lol: :lol: , my friend wants me :rolleyes:

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 1

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:  Steve ricoh, many thanks.

Sony?, ....I do not is that Sony's what speaks to me.

A. Miller, what is IMO ??, I hope I have not bothered you.

Thank you all.

Jhon - IMO means "in my opinion."  It is just a way of me stating what my personal opinion is and making clear that I am not suggesting that my view is the only perspective or the correct perspective on a particular issue.  

You can never bother me, Jhon...

• Like 1

Jhon,

Thanks for showing your pictures, I like a great many of them. In my opinion, just show them as you seem fit, with explanations or without. I for one do enjoy reading about how your pictures "happened". Looking forward to seeing (and reading ?) more, 

Best regards

Christoph

• Like 2

Abandoned houses ..... a pleasure and a place to look and see what time has forgotten.

Every little corner is a delight for the eyes.

Film, TriX 400, M3, Summicron 90mm Pre-ASPH E55

IMO There is no better feeling than the film grain.

s2855_zpsnoxrcizg.jpg

• Like 4