"THIEF OF SOULS", the story of a voyeur. Jhon Bosch - Some pictures.

the warrior

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello friends, here I'm going to leave something about me and some photographs.
All work is done with film, TriX 400.

-----

I must say that my translation to English is not good and certainly some things are not understood very well, apologies.

-----

My journey in photography is for 38 years, is not a familiar way as others, with 18 years a friend sold me a nikon, two lenses and a flash, that was my beginning.

In a laboratory near my house I taught me many things, I have since developed, rightly or wrongly, this activity.

Always with camera in hand, on land or under water, always learning, working from the film and from digital, but I like the film, 35mm, medium format and large format a bit.

For 27 years I have worked professionally in police press and specialized courts photography, I have worked in carrying out police reports and some other things for a few years, but most of the time my real job is crime in streets.

I have specialized in numerous courses on the psychology of crime and so I think that helped me to deal with situations on the street that others fail because they feel afraid, but I think it's nothing special to do this picture, only practice and a helmet on his head .....

Perhaps because of this specialization I think my way of looking is very close to people and my tendency is very close portraits.

For many years I have practiced all types of photography, on land and underwater, all disciplines less fashion and sport, I do not like that, does not attract me.

In the last 7 years I pursued a difertente way of doing photography, I have specialized in shoot my camera as I walk among the people walk, they come to me or I walk toward them, moving, very open diaphragm 1 meter or 1.5 meters with a 75mm lens, 50mm or 90mm.

In recent times I have discovered a new way to make my pictures, I like to put the camera to 40 centimeters from the face of people when they do not look or when they do, I look both situations, I use a lens of 21mm SA f4 very it opened a new way of looking at people.

Sometimes I wait for them to look at me because I believe that through your eyes I can see your thoughts and sometimes his soul.

It is interesting for me to observe people so closely, their reactions.

My way of looking at offers me many doubts about my ability to street photography beyond portraits.

Sometimes I shot in hiperfocal a wireless remote trigger on my Leica and a flash in my left hand.

I prefer the simplicity and my Leica M3 rangefinder and some of my glasses, they were born in the same year as I, in 1959.

My MP and my Monochrom are more modern and some of my lenses also, they have some differences but I like the old stuff, the look of the old lens is unsurpassed for me.

I do not like shooting in hiperfocal prefer to manage my team in every shot.

I have given up the color, the color around me all the time but do not want it in my photographs.

I do not like shooting in hiperfocal prefer to manage my team in every shot.

I think the people who are born under the influence of the digital world have lost things, valuable things that it is impossible to recover them.

I think gradually the film is returning but is not the same, there are no teachers to teach this and the results are different, I think people do not want training, do not want to study that is to waste your time and also makes your knowledge is scarce, very scarce, see social networks and the internet full of trash all very similar, piles of photocopies of the same, I refuse this, try to find different ways of looking at people and the world, a world that more spoiled and decadent, man is destroying all his life and that of others.

I'll leave you with some of my street photographs, I'm not sure you like them or should understand, are only my poor photographs of the street and people, it is my way of seeing and looking.

Very friendly for your time and patience, thank you all.

s2864_zpsc1xq83ce.jpg

s2863_zpssr8m8xmp.jpg

s2867_zpsjy0yspj8.jpg

s2868_zpsztmjiimk.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 9

I have worked with many brands of cameras but Leica is what I like, this team is small and people not afraid when I bring closer to them.

I like working with film because it makes me look and think differently, more slowly and carefully, and I want to see the grain in my photographs.

When I want a clean photo of grain work with digital, but I know it's an invented light.

Blurriness with film are very nice, no noise and jitter is difertente, digital is uglier and forces you to work with Photoshop.

s2878_zpsiswjbjog.jpg

s2877_zps3d5lh2ph.jpg

To be continued ......

• Like 7

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Shows diversity in your style of shooting Jhon. All good, but I love the blurry umbrella, fabulous image!

Always wondered why you shoot with so many different Leica models, such as the III, MP and a 246. I get the film v digital thing, but why different film cameras? I would have thought an MP would be the bee's knees for a film user.

• Like 1

Shows diversity in your style of shooting Jhon. All good, but I love the blurry umbrella, fabulous image!

Always wondered why you shoot with so many different Leica models, such as the III, MP and a 246. I get the film v digital thing, but why different film cameras? I would have thought an MP would be the bee's knees for a film user.

I can't answer for him but shuffling through 10 film cameras is not unknown to me.

• Like 2

Ok Stuny, possibly I am wrong, if so I'm sorry, but first I put my photos on photobucket and then copy that direction and hit here, is this correct ?, my blog is 36fotogramas, there I can not hang pictures and then repeat them here, I understood.

Steve and NB23, Well, I shot with multiple cameras each team has its moment for me.

If I can only have one that is the M3, and if I can just have a goal that is the 50mm.

M3 and Cron collapsible 5cm - Only TriX 400.

s2873_zpssfpwxs2y.jpg

I walk through the streets of Madrid, looked everywhere, I never where there may be a photograph, I try to be very quick but sometimes the pictures only last a moment, the final moment, if I'm not ready I lose.

s2867_zpsjy0yspj8.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 7

This picture was taken in the village of Deleitosa-Cáceres Spain, where Eugene Smith made a big story in the post-war Spain.

I went there last year and talk to some people who knew him.

Leica MP - Leica 28mm Pre-ASPH - TriX 400

s2865_zpsjjvdo4f2.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 8

A street, a town, a country, a dark night, only the light of the street lamps in the mountains, in the background there is someone I can not see.

I like going out at night taking pictures, it's another world, something more sinister, the lights in the windows are a world where pointing my camera.

Leica M7 - Summicron 50mm - Trix 400

s2855_zpsqix0puo5.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 7

A few weeks ago I was walking down the street and saw this broken mirror leaning against a wall waiting to be picked up by the garbage, people passed in front of the mirror and I saw their bodies and broken on the image souls, I shot my camera and this is I picked it up.

Many thanks bateleur.

s2872_zpsutweseib.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 5

Bored, young people may need a camera pra go out and do something with their lives, men and women do not share Ghran thing today ............ or so it seems to my.

I'm always looking, I will always watching, always finding.

I do not know what is happening in the world, something is not going well.

The film is for me as a true life, not a life of fiction, not a life of zeros and ones, is not a life in a metal box with buttons, the film is meant to light, without words, it is only reality.

s2868_zpsztmjiimk.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 4

I think there are too many learners photographer on the streets, people who have not much idea of ​​treating others with respect, people who know nothing of photography, armed with a camera that does not know how to use, who can not respect those people to which make them the photographs, I think that seriously harms that have formed well and for a long time, I think many of these trainees have no interest in learning this art, they only buy a mobile phone or a camera and throw the streets without knowing anything, they do photographs bothering the other occupants of the street because they are not interested in learning, not interested respect.

I make photographs that seem aggressive, but only it seems, my characters end up happy, they finally they are not being inconvenienced because I talk to them, I use gestures, I use my smile, I have respect, I have many years doing it and I know how to treat people.

Some people see my photographs and believe it is only a matter of point and shoot, nothing is further from reality.

This is nothing to shoot and run, I've seen that many times, young photographers shoot and run, they are cowards.

These attitudes annoy people, they are hurting "the environment" for others.

It is very easy to make a picture of a tree or a cat, but it's not the same to a picture to an unknown person on the street.

To everything there is to do things right.

I think the violence is brought to the street, and I think to take pictures in the street violence is used against those who photographing there.

It is what I see on the street and it's my opinion.

But maybe I will not look and do not see.

Respect ...............

s2866_zps2rvl3lpr.jpg

Edited by the warrior
  • Like 3

Jhon, I liked your thread until the last post. Sorry, but it comes across to me as smug. Everyone starts somewhere, makes mistakes, and learns and improves.There is always someone better than we are, so humility is good. And there is some excellent street work being done with mobile phones. 

John 

Edited by johnwolf
  • Like 2

This only tells me that you're in love with your own photography. However, it diesn't mean that its as good as you might think. If you'd submit your stuff for honest critique it wouldn't really stand.

Shooting at 40cm and making a point of it really shows me that you are far from a ripe street shooter.

That was imo.

• Like 1