Anyone using Affinity Photo

I have been using if for some time now, first in beta & then bought it when it came out as an app on the Apple site.  I find that it more than satisfies my present needs for a substitute for Photoshop being much faster & far more user friendly employing technology that is newly developed rather than built upon for 25 years.  It also takes advantage of some of the more powerful features of the newer Mac machines.  However as a newly released editor it has its limitations, first & foremost being that it is purely an editor at this point & has no digital asset management capabilities.  They are planning on adding this feature but have not said when.  Second for me at least is that it does not work with all of the plug ins that I use, primarily all of the NIK ones that I use.  But I use it in conjunction with Lightroom 6, which I use for its DAM functions & for basic editing.  But for anything more complex where layers or masks might be needed, then I turn to Affinity Photo.  LR is very compatible with it, allowing me to open a file from LR using the Edit In > Edit in Affinity > Edit a Copy.  When finished in Affinity I can export as PSD, overwriting the image LR has created.  Back in LR the edited image is there with no need to synchronize the folder.  This works for me but YMMV!

• Like 2