240 vs 240 M-P

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So many different 240 edition and 262 still going strong, a la carte 240 as well, seems some people don't care the What M-P's offering 2gb buffer memory and sapphire glass, for me the 2gb memory does make operation and shooting much more smooth.

Is it just me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The place where I notice it most is when reviewing photos in a grid format. One photo at a time is fine with both but when you zoom out to the grid of photos it on the M it was very slow but on the M-P it is suitably responsive.

i do think you're right though the faster processor and the bigger buffer seems slightly smoother. It is subtle though. I rarely shoot in C mode though.

The place where I notice it most is when reviewing photos in a grid format. One photo at a time is fine with both but when you zoom out to the grid of photos it on the M it was very slow but on the M-P it is suitably responsive.

i do think you're right though the faster processor and the bigger buffer seems slightly smoother. It is subtle though. I rarely shoot in C mode though.

Yes, I noticed that experienced photographer usually take one at the time C mode rarely use, but I found I often miss the shot, and when try to shoot again the 240 a bit slow.

No, it's not just you.  I had an M240 for a year and upgraded to the M-P in Safari trim. 

The doubled buffer size is a godsend when shooting street photography or documentary.  The sapphire rear screen glass gives me peace of mind that the M240's Corningware Gorilla Glass did not; I was always concerned about scratching or dinging it, in spite of the Gorilla Glass reputation of being nearly impossible to scratch. 

While it's true that the sapphire glass is more brittle than Gorilla Glass and could in theory shatter when G/G would scratch instead, I have had no problems after a year and change of shooting with the M-P.  If you don't drop it or let a two year old smack the rear screen with a ball peen hammer, you're good to go.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

It is not a sports camera I do not see how the 2GB buffer will make any difference to photography.

The sapphire screen however is a nice feature to have as is the lack of a red dot.

• Like 1

It is not a sports camera I do not see how the 2GB buffer will make any difference to photography.

The sapphire screen however is a nice feature to have as is the lack of a red dot.

No it is not a sports camera, but a larger buffer does allow me to comfortably take a larger series of shots so as to capture moments like these, where I know this is going to happen very soon, but I cannot anticipate exactly when. I think in these kinds of situations a larger buffer helps. But others with sharper reflexes might not need that.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1