Favourite settings on a Leica X1

johntech

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello Again

I have recently bought a used Leica X1 (please see my other post) and I am trying all the various quality settings i.e. colour / contrast / sharpness etc.

I wonder if any members here have a favourite profile setting for colour or monochrome which they would like to share.

I know DNG is probably the answer!  But it involves a lot of time.  I am more interested in good jpegs straight from the camera.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Best wishes from the Yorkshire Dales England

John

Yep, agree with Len, either middle of the road all the way, or at best +1 on the sharpness.  Occasionally I will try B&W High Contrast, but usually just shoot "normal" B&W.

For serious stuff (so, read Europe trip or similar) I shoot DNG plus mono JPEG. That way I see in mono, but have both bases covered. The honest side of me says it's a waste of time for me though, I normally only use the JPEG's, they really are that good.

Gary

• Like 1

Probably Posted this one before.. X1 (Tivoli Copenhagen)(One of my favs) --  B) 

Super Color & Clarity - Settings:- jpeg Fine +1 Color & Sharpness.. A minimal tweak in Apple Preview (Shadow/Color/Sharpness).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Manoleica
  • Like 3