View New Content not working?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I tend to click on 'View New Content' to see new/latest threads on here rather than going into all of the subforums.

I just noticed - when looking for something specific - that it hasn't been showing me the new threads!

Is something not working how it should do?

That's the way I use the forum myself. If you happen to remember which thread remained undetected by the "new content" page, it might be useful to know for Andreas.

From time to time, members report about the "new content" page missing new content when in fact they had set the selection such that the missing bits were not included. This is the way I have set the selection, with only two items selected as shown by the red background: Forum and Content I have not read.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

.... If you happen to remember which thread remained undetected by the "new content" page, it might be useful to know for Andreas....

I have found it and asked Andreas to see if anything wrong with it.

Hello Philipp,

I have noticed that with my screen set the same way as yours that a certain percentage (unknown) of "New Content" never makes it into the "New Content" Section of the Forum.

What I do from time to time is sweep thru the separate Sections that I am interested in & I (almost) always find material with an earlier date than would be appropriate for inclusion under "New Content" that has never made into the "New Content" Section.

I have actually been doing this for a number of years.

Best Regards,

Michael

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Michael -

The forum software holds a list of all subforums that are to be shown under "New Contents". If that list happens to be incomplete, the forum will not show new content within the subforums that are missing from the list.

Immediately after the migration from the old forum to this one the list was not quite complete, but that has been fixed in the meantime. When Andreas changes the number or order of subforums, he may happen to miss updating the list, but this won't go undetected for long.

I asked James about the forum with the posts he had missed just to see if the list needed fixing again. It turned out that it did not, even though the forum had recently been moved within the hierarchy.

In a nutshell: If you set the selection for "new content" the same way that I did, you're not going to miss any new content. At the moment, that is.

Hello Philipp,

Thank you for your response.

I understand the situation that occurred with James.

As I said in my Post above: I keep my screen set the same way you keep yours.

This is not a major occurrence but it has happened intermittently on a regular basis.

For the most part the "New Contents" is fine.

Best Regards,

Michael