Finish this sentence. Leica will announce a new M camera on this date__________

tappan

...dated subject.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to tell me that I did a bad thing here, by asking a dated question.

Thank you Rapierwitman, your rapier wit was right on time to put me in my place.

Do you mean when will the new M be announced or when will it be available in the shops?

...or I will be able to afford it?

will last a looooooooong time 'till then!

Thomas

Edited by duckrider

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to tell me that I did a bad thing here, by asking a dated question.

Thank you Rapierwitman, your rapier wit was right on time to put me in my place.

Sorry, meant to put a smiley face on that.  :D

• Like 2

Totally by coincidence, I ran into my Leica rep yesterday (Monday, May 2) and the subject of PhotoKina came up. "Something new this year?" I asked, and she said "Oh, Leica doesn't wait for Photokina any more - they introduce cameras as soon as they are ready."

Personally, I think that, this close to PK, if something (especially a significant M upgrade, not just cosmetics) is actually ready, they'll hold off til the show to get the extra market splash. But - to again borrow my rep's words, from when M8 rumors were flying in Summer 2006 - "You just never know!" ;) ;)

Edited by adan
  • Like 1

Announcement date: Sept. ?? 2016

Availability date: Leica has shortened availability times since the M240 except for the S007. The M240 was 7 months iirc (March 2013), and has since moved into the new facility. If they shorten for the new body they would need to be building them now, I guess. Anyone's know how many digital M bodies built each day?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just bought a M-P, so it'll be next week.

Even if it is next week, your M-P will still be an outstanding and  formidable camera. 

Trying to achieve digital parity in the M camera arms race is a losing proposition for most of us; Leica will always win that contest.

Edited by Carlos Danger
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leica will announce some time between today and the day of announcement.   Not one minute earlier or later.  I know this is cortrect from inside information.