The "bride" awaits her time on early morning news - 3 versions

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

About 6:25 one morning last week just outside the ABC-TV news studio, waiting for her turn to go on camera.  the first one, the B&W is my "final" edit.  The second was my first edit.  the third is largely as captured, with the mixed light of dawn and light spill from Times Square  tackiness plus a bit of spill from the video lights.  At this point I had not tried to reduce the circles under her eyes, and I'm surprised a stylist wasn't on hand to do that for her.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Oh that dress, and its false advertising . . . Although it IS a wedding dress. 

The eyes, that's where I'm looking. 

Well, to try and redeem my self with an effort to elevate my reaction, though still along the same lines, I have to remark on the juxtaposition of the sacred with the (hint of the) profane. And yet, aren't all weddings just so? 

Once again, as so often, you've given us a portrait that is really evocative and makes me wish zi could pick your brains about what you were thinking, hoping to capture, etc.

probably when I make my eventual trip to NY, I'll bring a stack of my favorite Stu (and Adam and Steve and Wilfredo) pics, with all my questions, in hopes that I can meet up with some/all of you.

Brenton - Thank you, and those are some interesting comments.  I do hope you come southeast out of Alberta and we (Steve, Adam, Wilfredo and me) have a chance to meet you.  BTW:  I didn't notice the bodice until I had the image on my computer.

Jayant - Thank you.

• Like 1

Stua

Intriguing portrait. BW version would be my pick as well. 

Given how beautiful she is and that this is a wedding dress, the visible breast pads are quite unfortunate!

Ece

Stuart,

yes, Ece just told what I feel about the series. Excellent work!

Iduna & John - Thank you.

Pico - RBF?  I don't understand.

David - Thank you.  The other two shots of her that I took show her even less happy and less engaged.  She was a model, up much earlier than she'd like to be, outside in chilly weather, waiting to go on the morning news.  The other model looked even less happy.

David - Thank you.  The other two shots of her that I took show her even less happy and less engaged.  She was a model, up much earlier than she'd like to be, outside in chilly weather, waiting to go on the morning news.  The other model looked even less happy.

Yes, of course...a model.  I realised that a while later and meant to come back and correct my interpretation.

Thanks.