Embedded profile?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

When developing Leica DNG files (from the SL in this case), into the latest version of Lightroom CC, is it better to use the "Embedded profile" or the "Adobe Standard?"  The only difference immediately apparent to me is that the reds are more saturated in the embedded profile.  Are there other differences that I am not immediately seeing?

Thanks,
Mark

I don't know the answer to this, but I'd also like to know if it's worth re-evaluating the embedded profile with the latest firmware. I tried to compare the two in the past and there was nothing outstanding; I chose to use Adobe's but it was a very weak preference. In my case an M 240.

Edited by Exodies

Best is to make your own profiles with a Monaco color card (~ $80) and the Adobe profile maker software (free).  It is very easy and you can make profiles for each lens / camera combination you own.  I only use the profiles I have made myself for my M8 and M9.

When developing Leica DNG files (from the SL in this case), into the latest version of Lightroom CC, is it better to use the "Embedded profile" or the "Adobe Standard?"  The only difference immediately apparent to me is that the reds are more saturated in the embedded profile.  Are there other differences that I am not immediately seeing?

The embedded profile, to my eye, produces somewhat cartoonish results. Oversaturated and overly contrasty. Perhaps whoever created it was a Velvia lover.

The Adobe Standard profile produces slightly flat, realistic, normal tones and colors, just what I want for editing. 

I've used the Xrite Passport software and a Color Checker to create a couple of profiles for more twisty lighting circumstances. It works well but is mostly unnecessary for my work.