Buy and change the leather cover M3 ??

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello friends, my M3 Need Help change its rubber cover, maybe I want a leather, dark red or black color, I will change myself.

I'm not afraid to change it, I'm skillful and meticulous for these things.

Perhaps you know somewhere in Europe (France, UK, Germany) where these accessories are sold ??

If it is in the US I do not care.

I just wish the place was serious, fast, high-quality, no matter the price for it.

Can you tell me directions ?.

Thank you very much for your help.

http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/html/M3_round-ear/pebble/index.php

Aki-Asahi has excellent quality, and has selections for all body variations of the M3. 

That said, a few months ago I ordered a conventional pebble grained synthetic leather kit from Camera Leather for a TLR, and it was delivered within a week, great quality and fit. Most of the issues I hear of from Camera Leather are with more exotic leather types.

• Like 1

Guest Her Berger

Never!!

Agree.

Got to Asahi

http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/

perfect lasercut and a smooth contact.

Shipment to germany take appr. 3 weeks.

And its easy to handle.

Look at my M3.

(Yes, I love the black strap!)

And I bought this tool from my local dentist. It helps by fixing the corners

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Maybe ask Claus Reinhardt in Hannover, who got my M3 & IIIg up and running (including new leatherettes, which are the best non-Vulcanite Vulcanite I ever saw and touched). I think he only uses aki-asahi. I'm positive, that he mentioned Japan and I remember him saying, that there was a minimal number of leatherettes he had to buy in one shipping.

Many people including me, think that there are situations when one considering making a saving with a lesser price, the best saving is not to do it altogether.

A friend told me, that he returned a cameraleather set to someone, who sold it 2nd hand on ebay and Paypal helped. I know him as a serious guy, but presently can't ask him more, because he's to AU & NZ with his gf for 3 months and I'm not on fb so don't follow him. Other people here report good experience with cameraleather and I clarify, that I do not have any experience with them whatsoever.

Still think, that asking reputable Leica technicians other than in Wetzlar (there is a list as a sticky on the forum) what they use (friendly phone calls :) rather than mails? because you bring them in nothing) will give you answers from more than anecdotal experiences from camera wners here and there.