Using T for portraits in studio

I am doing that all the time up to the point when I got an SL. I interchange and use either camera. I use Elinchrom lights which are triggered by their wireless trigger attached to the flash socket of T ot SL. However I have not yet done a portrait. This so far has been still-life. I have done some tests with the idea of doing portaits as well.

Edited by Guest

Yes I use these lenses:

1)  23mm/2.0 Summicron-T Asph. (little used)

2) 18-56mm/3.5-5.6 Vario-Elmar-T Asph. (85% used)

3) 55-135mm/3.5-4.5 APO-Vario-Elmar-T Asph. (15% used)

However I now have acquired a Summicron-R 1:2 /90 and that is a cracker of a lens for both T and SL in the studio.

Edited by Guest

Original is a DNG, for sizeing on here I can only add a jpg copy. Taken at 800 ISO, 1/500 sec at F5.6. Lens set at 118mm.

Second image is in the studio ISO 100, 1/160 at F14, lens set to 134.9mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have now sold my T and lenses. Kept the SL and have a mix of M & R lenses, so all manual focus. I feel so liberated from Autofocus - even though I know I will miss some shots, until I have trained myself to work manually all of the time.

Guest satrycon

i dont use my T 23mm lens at all now..i stick to the summicron 90 and summilux 50...the days i want AF i switch to Canon 5Dsr..the leica feels so nice with MF

I have now sold my T and lenses. Kept the SL and have a mix of M & R lenses, so all manual focus. I feel so liberated from Autofocus - even though I know I will miss some shots, until I have trained myself to work manually all of the time.