On1 Software

Advertisement (gone after registration)

HI

Is anyone using On1 software (Photo 10, or Resize or Portraits, etc)?

Any feedback about it - a replacement for Photoshop? Or does it simply offer what is in Lightroom already (Without the cataloguing and image library management)?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

It does what it claims, and very well. It is much more than Lightroom, except for not being a photo library. It is more like 95% Photoshop, but also plugs in to PS, LR, and Apple Photos/Aperture. The PS stuff it does it does at least just as well, mostly more easily & quickly.

Edited by kcnarf1

I like On1 and use it a lot. The broswer is fast but I dont use the album function. I use lightroom for albums and collections and start changes in lightroom and go to On1 for the final adjustments. I hope the raw editor will be as good as ACR. If so, I may start using the broswer and its album function instead of lightroom and PS. Its layer function works just about like PS but I think it better suited for photos. They claim it will support plugins but only time will tell if the plugin developers are willing to rewrite their apps for another editor program. But price is also an issue. For now, you have to join their pro version for $149 US for one year to get the raw editor for free in the fall of this year. I guess I'll wait to see what the upgrade price will be for the raw editor app.