Naughty girl model shoot with M6 & Hasselblad 503CW

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Curious to find out how loading the film in the Hasselblad goes. It appears quite tricky the first time you do it.

One of my early assistants loaded it backwards such that the backing paper faced the lens!!!

I recovered the shoot gracefully (only just) when I realized what he had done.

"We'll just do a few quick retakes at this point" type of scenario.

Erl that ain't going to happen, I've become a expert at doing this :)

with YouTube :) :) :)

Can you do us a favor, Neil, and count the number of expletives issued the first time you load the Hasselblad with film? I'm locking in 5, but I don't know if that's shooting high or low.

It'll become routine very quickly, but the first time may result in Nuk leaving the room.

• Like 2

Can you do us a favor, Neil, and count the number of expletives issued the first time you load the Hasselblad with film? I'm locking in 5, but I don't know if that's shooting high or low.

It'll become routine very quickly, but the first time may result in Nuk leaving the room.

Definitely low methinks.  :D

Or maybe just one long, 'F#############################################k'

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

There will be none mate.......were coooooool

Neil - you should go straight to the "source" and take a look at the work of Jan Scholz. He is brilliant at doing exactly what you are trying to do. And he does it with only film and only free of charge. And he has all the best models in the world waiting in line to be shot by him...

http://www.micmojo.com/

You're welcome and i'm sure you'll be successful no matter what...

• Like 2

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS
Guys

I want to buy a 45 deg Prism finder for my 503 CW Hasselblad. I don't want to buy twice so should I go for the PM or the PME and 3 or 5 and if so why should I pick xyz??

Thanks

Neil

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

I'm disappointed that there will be no large format for comparison.  Baby steps.

Jeff

Excuse me.......the Large format camera is currently with DHL

Guest NEIL-D-WILLIAMS

But not in the shoot....

Oh well, I guess a step at a time...

:)

Jeff

Only kidding Jeff. I don't think I will be buying a LFC. I love my M6 and hopefully will feel the same way about the Hasselblad. I'm doing a 6 day Dark/Wet room class this time home so hopefully that will help me get my head wrapped around all this film stuff :)

Only kidding Jeff. I don't think I will be buying a LFC. I love my M6 and hopefully will feel the same way about the Hasselblad. I'm doing a 6 day Dark/Wet room class this time home so hopefully that will help me get my head wrapped around all this film stuff :)

Out of those 38 pages, i remember a much younger and self assured Neil telling us he wont go to MF ... Or was that my imagination?

Back in the day photo gear shows used to have a running competition on loading an A12 back against the clock. I was going to give it a go until I saw some assistants to pros "performing" they were impressive.

They did it without looking, too.