On the Road ... Weekend in NY

ramarren

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yee-Hah! Finally out and away from home for the first time in a year and some.  :D

Last night as I got ready for the trip, I thought to myself, "M-P or SL?" And then automatically grabbed my travel bag, the SL and three lenses, stuffed the batteries and the iPad in too. Done. I love shooting with this camera so much. 

My lens kit for this trip includes the Summicron-R 35, the Summicron-R 90, and the WATE. I was tempted to take just the SL24-90, but eh? I'll get there eventually. Big mid-range zooms just take me a long time to get comfortable with. And besides, the extreme-ness of the WATE is just too much fun. 

I'll append to this thread as travel continues. I better get to the gate for my connecting flight now. 

Onwards! 

• Like 3

Yee-Hah! Finally out and away from home for the first time in a year and some.  :D

Last night as I got ready for the trip, I thought to myself, "M-P or SL?" And then automatically grabbed my travel bag, the SL and three lenses, stuffed the batteries and the iPad in too. Done. I love shooting with this camera so much. 

My lens kit for this trip includes the Summicron-R 35, the Summicron-R 90, and the WATE. I was tempted to take just the SL24-90, but eh? I'll get there eventually. Big mid-range zooms just take me a long time to get comfortable with. And besides, the extreme-ness of the WATE is just too much fun. 

I'll append to this thread as travel continues. I better get to the gate for my connecting flight now. 

Onwards! 

Have fun.  I traveled overseas last Dec/Jan and brought the SL, the 90APO, the Noct, and the WATE.  Loved the combo.  Like you I am tempted to just travel with the 24-90 next time, though!

Whew, a long and complex day ... But I'm now at my destination. Thanks for the notes ... This three-lens kit is not too much to carry, although it is a full bag's worth (for my bag anyway). 

I think it's time for some shut-eye. Maybe make some photos in Manhattan tomorrow. :-)

onwards! 

Hmmmm

We're off to Cornwall for a week . . . . . . . I ordered a 90-280 for the trip, and it was supposed to arrive today . . . the UPS man turned up at 17.30 after I'd given up.

So - I'll be in Cornwall with the SL, the 24-90, the 90-280 and the WATE (and probably a couple of other M lenses).

Have a wonderful time Godfrey

I'm off to Mauritius in two weeks for a conference (will get a few days at the end). 

Planning on taking the SL, 24-90 zoom, APO-Elmarit-R 180/2.8 and extender. SF-40 flash and an M lens (28 Summilux) might slip in as well. All fits into the Peak Design Everyday Messenger nicely as carry-on. Will squeeze in some Grado headphones for the flight. 

Hmmmm

We're off to Cornwall for a week . . . . . . . I ordered a 90-280 for the trip, and it was supposed to arrive today . . . the UPS man turned up at 17.30 after I'd given up.

So - I'll be in Cornwall with the SL, the 24-90, the 90-280 and the WATE (and probably a couple of other M lenses).

Have a wonderful time Godfrey

Mr Lucky I see ...... same here ...... mine arrived 1pm saturday (after I had given up as well) before leaving for Sicily in the small hours of sunday ..... have a nice holiday and no doubt you will have some fine pics to show us here or on the SL user group ......

Mr Lucky I see ...... same here ...... mine arrived 1pm saturday (after I had given up as well) before leaving for Sicily in the small hours of sunday ..... have a nice holiday and no doubt you will have some fine pics to show us here or on the SL user group ......

But will my croaky old back survive!

That is what the M lenses are for -- back preservation. Although the 24-90 is less than the weight of 3-4 lenses contained within its range it is burdensome to carry. The longer lens will be a dumbbell too far, I fear.

As for the Jazz ... A marmite genre. 

A good weekend.  :)

Not too many pictures but a few I like ... I'll process them all when I get home. I exhausted what was left of one battery and fitted my second, fully charged. It's just barely used up one bar. Lots of family and friend events. 

The SL and three lenses (or with 24-90) is not particularly small or light, but I didn't find it to be too much burden. I could lighten the bag by a pound or so by leaving the iPad out, of course. 

I've packed everything up; time to head down to Newark and wait for my plane home. (Of course, the camera stays with me all the way ...)

Onwards! 

• Like 1