Save user profiles to card

More than possible, works every time on the T & SL. Something I pray Leica will soon eradicate from the feature list of both cameras. One can however beat them at their game and store it on a spare sd-card.....

On the T, what you need to do is put a new SD card in the slot. Then after changing settings to your liking on the T, from the menu option PROFILE choose Save as Profile, it will ask which profile 1,2 or 3 choose and it is saved.

Then you can remove the card. Put in another card and take pictures. Keep the Profile card with your camera bag.

I do think that this also works when a card is not present, but then it is saved and can be restored from the internal memory of the T.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This does not work, not with a new card, not without card.

and the meaning would be to get the settings back to install after a firmware update or another disaster....

I think it does work. I took the card out of the T. Switched off the camera, changed a setting and still with no card I saved the settings to Profile 1 and 2. Switched off. Switched back on and chose Profile 2 and my settings changes were recorded.

I think it does work. I took the card out of the T. Switched off the camera, changed a setting and still with no card I saved the settings to Profile 1 and 2. Switched off. Switched back on and chose Profile 2 and my settings changes were recorded.

The profiles are stored in internal memory. With a firmware update they are toast.

Ok so if you save them to a card and then remove that card and keep it out of the camera, can you not restore them from that card? OR are they only stored to the internal memory and cannot be copied to a card?

SPB2: OR are they only stored to the internal memory and cannot be copied to a card?

NO, it does not work. Firmware updates clear all profiles is what I would like to go around.

You can not print it out either.

A backup of the settings in the T app would already help  if that can be restored.

Edited by LexS

Ok so if you save them to a card and then remove that card and keep it out of the camera, can you not restore them from that card? OR are they only stored to the internal memory and cannot be copied to a card?

There is no way, that I know of, to save them to a card.

• 3 weeks later...

The SL and the Ms have an "Export" and "Import" capability as well as Save. These functions allow you to write the configurations out to the storage card.

I'm a little surprised the T does not have this functionality. (And I'm more than a little irritated that my Olympus E-M1 doesn't either: with 187 configuration options on that camera, they really ought to...!)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So, after a few Firmware updates, it seems there isn't a way to Re-Name or save our User Profiles to an SD card for re-importing back into the camera after Updates and such.

Seems like such a headache to try and recall them all as the menu choices are many.

Was this possible with Earlier Versions of the T Software, or might there some technical reason Leica can not include this feature, i know there are other Leica models that DO allow this feature.

Leica, if you are listening, PLEASE help us.