London Meet?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Near the Old (Full) Red Cow, we spotted some Porsches beginning to roost down near Smithfield Market, for a Porsche Club GB meet.  In the end there would be about 20...

And I even spotted an oasis in the concrete desert.

(Both: M-D, 50 Apo-Summicron)

Yep, chatting to those Porsche owners was good fun.

Yesterday I was in North Wales for a similar event (also PCGB) where 400+ cars turned up - a porkers paradise.

You should have been there :)

• Like 2

I have posted some photos of the event on more blog - please take a look if interested: 

http://rangefinderchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/london-leica-meet-at-barbican-21-may.html

Might be the most blogged about Leica London walk... 2 more here:

http://macfilos.com/photo/leica-forum-london-meet-barbican

http://danbachmann.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/may-2016-week-3.html

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Very good to catch up with people from times past as well as newcomers, exhibition was well worth my second visit, and somehow i went to parts of the Barbican that i had missed before.  Many thanks to Nick for organising.  Sorry not to have joined you at the pub, another time.....liked the portraits. Here are two from me from the Barbcan - work in progress, both need changes on a return visit. Martin

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 4

Martin,

I left a message on your mobile voicemail (assuming you still have the same number) about where we'd gone but it seems you didn't get it.  What a pity because it would have been good to catch up with you again.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Many thanks for your concern - most considerate and appreciated.  I got ambushed by a lady with a questionnaire at the exhibition and so got decoupled from the group. I didn't make it to the first pub, so was unaware that it had been taken over by others and that there was a switch to an alternative venue. I am not superbly organised with people's mobile numbers, so my apologies I couldn't let you know that I had needed to opt out early and that you should not be concerned. (I think you may know that I have Parkinson's disease - my photography is a wonderful antidote! However, I had got very tired - a combination of over-doing the gardening and not sleeping properly in the preceding week - and was completely past it! I did get a missed call later....but was a bit confused by then!)

So I am sorry to have missed catching up with people and with their latest Leica insights - always interesting but hopefully we can meet again soon.

Martin

• Like 1

Sergio Larrain   Vagabond Photographer

My copy arrived from Amazon today; 200 beautiful and often very sad photographs (and much more) from a master photographer and poet, gorgeously presented. I recommend it very strongly.

(I don't know if a paperback edition exists, but if it does, ignore it - this stunning volume is worth every penny.)

Christopher

• Like 3

Thanks... I am going to buy a copy too... some fabulous photography in the preview pages on Amazon and after my first experience of his work last weekend... well, it simply a 'must have...'.

Everything about his work just hits home...  very few photographers I have come across over the years tick so many boxes for me. 

Thank you for posting. 

Edited by Bill Livingston

• 2 weeks later...

My considerable thanks to Christopher and to Bill for highlighting this book by Sergio Larrain. I ordered a copy based on their enthusiasm plus my recollection of the striking exhibition image of the man at the bottom of the London Underground escalators.  The book has just arrived and I agree completely with their very positive comments.  I think it is stunning and I ask myself how it had not come across my "radar" before? There is also a lot of background information and text that adds to the fascinating collection of images - and they on their own would have made the book purchase worthwhile. If you are at all interested, then I agree it is a "must have".

martin

• Like 2