London Meet?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have such a good turn out

So here is the proposal...

I have checked with the exhibition and as we go on a Saturday we really have to book otherwise you will be queuing for ages to get in. So I suggest we all book to go to the exhibition for the 12pm slot. Giving us 1 hr to 1 hr 30 minute before lunch. Please each book yourself for the 12 slot soon, before it gets full. here is a link to book: http://www.barbican.org.uk/artgallery/event-detail.asp?id=17922&pg=8741

For those who want to meet earlier and walk around the Barbican taking photos, let's meet at 10.45 outside Barbican Tube. I will be there and wait a few minutes before heading off to take photos around Barbican. We can then reconvene, meet others, at 12 at entrance to exhibition.

I then suggest pub lunch at The Old Red Cow pub,  71-72 Long Ln, London EC1A 9EJ. From about 1.30pm until we all feel like going and taking some more photos.

Does this work for everyone?

Nick

• Like 1

Ordered mine today.  Turns out that the other half has booked us tickets for the RSC's production of Midsummer Nights Dream at the Barbican that evening.

So a real Barbican-fest coming up!

• Like 2

Ordered ours yesterday. Are many up for meeting at 10.45am at Barbican tube to take some photos in the area first. Brutalist architecture makes cool photos, I believe - I took some recently here: http://rangefinderchronicles.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/the-zeiss-18mm-f4-zm-lens.html

Look forward to seeing you all on the 21st

Hi,

i li need to book this, having been once already, it is worth another look.  There is a possible issue people should be aware of - you cannot take a bag into the gallery.  There is a cloakroom....but I am not about to leave a load of equipment there!  Last time I took my camera in with me....and off course it is "no photography" inside!

Martin

• Like 2

Ordered mine today.  Turns out that the other half has booked us tickets for the RSC's production of Midsummer Nights Dream at the Barbican that evening.

So a real Barbican-fest coming up!

Turns out that, due to the usual lack of husband/wife (or indeed wife/husband) communication, our tickets are for the RSC's 1300hrs performance. But I'll still meet up at Barbican tube at the allotted time for a bit of snapping and catching up; I might even make the exhibition for 30-40 mins.

Given Martin's note about bags in the exhibition, I'll leave mine outside. 

Let me rephrase that- I'll leave my Billingham with my wife whilst I view the exhibition.

Edited by jcraf
  • Like 1