What is the most used lens on your M?

HenrikP

Funny thing, I recently - finally - switched from a M8 to a M9.

On the M8 I almost always used the 28 (sort of 35ish), now I constantly change between 28 and 50.

Maybe should buy a 35 ;-))

• Like 2

I also have a Leica Q and M. 

I only have two lenses for my M, the Summilux 50 ASPH is on 95% of the time, and i got a CV 15 V3 as well for those occasional ultra wide shots i love. 

28+50 works great for me, It's a nice combo that cover most of the stuff i like to shoot.

I pondered a 35 for the M as well since i like the 28-35mm FOV, but found out that i would probably not be happy with anything else than a 35 Lux in that case. That would be too costly for a lens rarely used when i have the Q. 

I like 35 for street and intimate environmental work, The Q is just so much better than the M in those cases with its better ISO capabilities, autofocus and almost completely silent shutter that i think a 35mm for the M would be in the bag most of the time. 

After my GAS calmed down i found out that for now i'm happy with 15+28+50 on the Q and M :)

Found myself in a similar situation. As much as I love my 28mm summicron, ever since I got the Q the 28 hasn't been on my M (M4 and MA).  50mm asph summilux and the 35mm asph summicron are used the most, about 50/50

On the M9-P my 50 Summicron IV for the same qualities already mentioned by Poki and others.

Backup would be my 3.5cm Summaron-M. Tiny lens with super performance.

On the M8.2 I actually still love my Voigt. 40mm f1.4 Nokton (53mm equiv.). It has some really interesting qualities wide open, especially in contre-jour situations, and (my example) is quite stunning in every respect when closed down beyond f2.8.

Pip.

Edited by pippy
  • Like 1

50mm Summicron, v 4 or 5, not sure. The 50 is much more difficult to master than the 35, IMHO, but the results are well worth it. 

Really? That's an interesting observation. I find the 50 much easier to master than the 35. The 35, due to its wider field of view, requires more effort to achieve a good composition. The 50, due to it's field of view, is much easier to exclude things you might not want in the frame with. 

When I had the M9, a Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH sat on it 90% of the time. I bought my 1972 Summilux 35 f2 just before the M9 went in for the sensor service that it never returned from ... an M-P came back instead. That's now the lens that sits on the M-P 90% of the time, with the other 10% split between the Summarit-M 75/2.4 and the Tri-Elmar-M 16-18-21/4. I still have the Nokton, just only use it occasionally. 

• Like 1