What is the most used lens on your M?

HenrikP

I use my Q, mostly.   I used to pair the Q (and the Fuji X100 that preceded it) with an APS-C DSLR with a 70-200 zoom.   70 on an APS-C was a bit longer than I wanted.  These days the DSLR stays home unless I know I'll need its abilities.  Now I pair the Q with an M 262 holding a 75mm Summarit combo.   It's a new combo for me, but one I think will work well.

• Like 1

I don't know, I seem to wobble between 35 and 50. For years it was the Summicron 35 asph - I prefer the rendering over the Summilux, even -especially- when shooting in low light :o , but nowadays I mostly take my Elmar-M 50 for a  single lens setup. For my Monochrom it is still the Biogon-C 35. Go figure...

• Like 5

50 and 35 are my staples. 50 is my favourite and usually my goto.

If you are going to have one lens, consider the the 35. I have cropped down a 35 to 50 sort of sizes quite a bit and it looks good.

Out of the 35's for me it's the FLE but I love the summicron asph rendering too. You can't go wrong with either.

• Like 1

On my M8:

1. Voigtländer Ultron 2.0/28

2. Summicron-M 2/50 (IV)

3. Summicron-M 2.0/90 (pre-Asph.)

4. Voigtländer Heliar 2.5/75

5. Voigtländer Heliar 4.5/15

6. Tele-Elmarit-M 2.8/90

7. Leitz Summitar 2.0/5cm

On my M6:

1. Summicron-M 2/50 (IV)

2. Summicron-M 2.0/90 (pre-Asph.)

3. Voigtländer Ultron 2.0/28

4. Voigtländer Heliar 2.5/75

5. Voigtländer Heliar 4.5/15

6. Tele-Elmarit-M 2.8/90

7. Leitz Summitar 2.0/5cm

If you are goinng to use the M240 as a complement to the Q, you definitely should go for a 50mm lens.

Edited by LucisPictor
  • Like 1

On my 240 I'd have to say the same as Schrodinger's cat.  I can't be sure of the bias towards a articular focal length, as my lens is (was) uncoded, so I had to change the setting in the camera menu: something that I tend to forget to do...  However, I'd be inclined to say 50mm is probably the most used focal length.

• Like 1