Problem with the EVF!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Photo is of my evf, lower left corner, it's not showing on photo, and is not shown on the back screen, it is not on the glass! have you experienced it?

The camera is 4 month old, and had not ben dropped or so :(

I've never seen anything like that. My EVF is clear there except for the image I'm looking at. You have a really bright spot centered. Could that be bouncing around or over driving something? What does it look like when photographing a clear blue sky? If it is real, I'd send it to Leica.

• 4 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Short update.

On the 27. april the UPS guy picked up the camera, it landed i wetzlar on the 29. april.

On the 3. May, I recived a confirmation mail, confirming tjat they have recived the camera. Today 6. May, they send me a mail, confirming that they would repair it free of charge, and they send me a link so I can follow the progres.

So I hope to see it again sooner than expected.

This is what the mail say.

"receiving inspection

At our receiving inspection we could determine your complaint. By suitable measures or by exchange of the listed parts the function will be perfect.

replace LCD viewfinder

Accessory carrier damaged

adjustment of all parts"

I don't get what the "Accessory carrier damaged" mean, it was shipped in the original camera box, in witch it was original delivered!

Regards Henrik

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Maybe.

Under "general condition of product" they state

light traces of use

display scratched

Edited by HenrikP

,,,,,,Accessory carrier damaged....

Wild guess translation reads for me as: the frame/holder that the LCD screen fits into inside the camera was warped/damaged/loose and caused the screen to crack...If the frame is not laying perfectly flat for any reason this could happen.

Maybe.

Under "general condition of product" they state

light traces of use

display scratched

When receiving a product for repair they summarize the state the product was in when they opened the parcel.

According to their summary, your camera shows light traces of use, its display is scratched and the "Accessory Carrier" (which some here have called the hot shoe) is damaged.

Not having seen your camera, I obviously can not tell whether the summary is a fair assessment of the state of your camera or not. However, it's not a diagnostic of the defect they are to repair, it's just a description of the camera as it was when they received it.

Ok.

This is the full text.

"10000 LEICA Q (Typ 116), black anodized ( 49726xx )

lens cover, hot shoe cover, bag

general condition of product

light traces of use
                          display scratched

Labour costs                                                                                                                                 0,00

receiving inspection
                                              At our receiving inspection we could determine your complaint. By

suitable measures or by exchange of the listed parts the function will

be perfect.
                                              replace LCD viewfinder
                                              adjustment of all parts

Necessary parts

view finder, complete                   1,000 ST "

Looking forward to get it back, and happy that it all is done under warranty.

However the back LCD might have a small scratch, nothing that I have noticed. But the Hot shoe was certainly not damaged when I sendt it, so I am curious to know if it is damaged under shipping.

Regards Henrik 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem except opaque area covered left third of EVF. I just found mine today (3 weeks, 2 days) at front door with no diagnosis of problem, or that it had been repaired,  or was being returned to me. Invoice just says "replace viewfinder." I'm glad it got it back before Christmas, but some communication from Leica would have been appreciated.

.... no diagnosis of problem, or that it had been repaired,  or was being returned to me. Invoice just says "replace viewfinder."...

Would the invoice saying "replace viewfinder" not inform you that the viewfinder hat been replaced? That would certainly count as repair, as far as I can see.