Slip On / Push On Filters

@McLeica

Advertisement (gone after registration)

43.5mm filter doesn't quite get the threads. If I taped it it might but I'm not keen on that.

Anyway, I've just found the series VI front width and apparently it is 44mm, however it would appear 44mm clear filters do not exist at all.

Next solution, 44mm step up ring to 49mm and fingers crossed. It'll still be quite compact.

Will keep you posted but the step up ring is going to take a little while to arrive.

I've lost track here, but my ears pricked up with the mention of 44mm filter threads.

In an effort to attach a couple of Elpro close-up lenses which Dunk got me into (for my X-Vario, I sourced a couple of 44mm filter adapters. I "glued one toan old 52mm filter ring without the filter of course. The other I glued to a step ring, 43 - 46. 43mm is the X-Vario size, 52 happened to be a handy size and also coincided with my T 18-56.

No, it's not as good as 44 to the lens you want, (close-up filter is out in front a bit) but it works, and was cheap enough.

I'd look at getting a specific ring purpose made to be honest.

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have found that for a 35mm pre-asph summilux, I can use the newer 12526 A42 hood with the filter-glass taken form an E46 filter fits in the front perfectly.  Requiring only a tiny spot of glue or nail varnish to stop it moving. The glass needs to be 44mm without any metalwork, and when pushing it in you will have to flex the plastic hood a little.

• Like 2

Okay....44mm-49mm step up ring did the trick and fits the Kodak adaptor perfectly.

I can live with the larger frontage and don't think it looks too out of place.

I can now just change the 49mm filter as and when needed. I have a Q as well so bizarrely now have a compatible filter set between the two.

Step up ring was £2.50
Kodak adaptor was £5
Black paint was £6

All in say £13.50.

No dark corners on the test roll so I'm considering this challenge solved!  :D

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by @McLeica
  • Like 1

I have found that for a 35mm pre-asph summilux, I can use the newer 12526 A42 hood with the filter-glass taken form an E46 filter fits in the front perfectly. Requiring only a tiny spot of glue or nail varnish to stop it moving. The glass needs to be 44mm without any metalwork, and when pushing it in you will have to flex the plastic hood a little.

My issue has always simply been the need for a hood. I just don't like them and once I know how the lens flares I can generally control it. That's what I've always found very elegant about the E39 filter size and the general barrel size of these lenses. I don't use lens caps and if I was very wealthy I probably also wouldn't use filters.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...