Canon Speedlite 299T on Leica M9.

Snap Happy

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I recently acquired a used Leica M9, after using an M6 Classic for many years (and before that an M3). I have a very occasional need for bounce flash, so after reading a recommendation online of the Canon Speedlite 299T I purchased one for next to nothing. Sure enough it works like a charm on the M6.  Now I’m wondering if it will be compatible with my M9. I’m not keen to try it out without some feedback from the knowledgeable people here on this forum. Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area.

I recently acquired a used Leica M9, after using an M6 Classic for many years (and before that an M3). I have a very occasional need for bounce flash, so after reading a recommendation online of the Canon Speedlite 299T I purchased one for next to nothing. Sure enough it works like a charm on the M6.  Now I’m wondering if it will be compatible with my M9. I’m not keen to try it out without some feedback from the knowledgeable people here on this forum. Apologies if I have posted this in the wrong area.

On a Leica M 8.2 a Canon Speedlite 299T works fine and so it should do on an M9 too.

Of course one cannot use the Program Mode but only F. No. Set Mode, Manual Full Mode and Manual 1/16 Mode.

If a prolongation cable is needed, use Nikon SC-17 spiral cable.

http://www.cameramanuals.org/flashes_meters/canon_speedlite_299t.pdf

Edited by Guest