Mobile Log In Problem

Peter H

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Since today's (Wednesday 30th March) site refresh, I can't sign in on the mobile version: I enter my user name and password and it takes me straight back to the non-signed-in page. I have tried several times.

Help, please.

Thank you.

I can't reproduce the problem from my end here in Switzerland. However, as part of the S.O.P., I'd suggest to do the following:

1. Try if the forum is accessible even when the browser seems not be signed in. Barnack's Bar is the place to try as it's accessible to signed-in members only.
  2. Clear all cookies from the browser. As every browser has a different procedure for doing so, I can't help you there.
  3. After clearing all cookies shot off your mobile device and turn it on again.
  4. Start swearing but not so loud that we can hear you here. Forum rules and all that.
  5. Post here if not successful. Oh, please post also if successful.
  • Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It seems to have been caused by the Booking.com App, which has set up a problem with links in Safari in iOS devices.

Try turning off Javascript in Settings/Safari/Advanced on your iPhone. This worked on my iPad last night and is a temporary work round while Apple get a new update out in the next few days.

Guest JonathanP

Thanks Andy, but I've never installed the Booking.com app or used their website. I tried disabling Javascript but still cannot login.

I'm just going to take the dog for a walk and when I'm back I'll setup remote Safari diagnostics to my Mac to have a look to see if I can see what is happening with the login cookies.

Jonathan 

Guest JonathanP

I was about to post an update along the lines that I can't find anything wrong in the Safari inspector - when I tried to login I got a HTTP 200 response and was allocated a session id. But no Barnacks Bar and no "sign out" button.

Then I tried again a few minutes ago and its all working again - nothing obviously different in the Safari remote debugger so hopefully something fixed on the server side?

Jonathan  

It seems to have been caused by the Booking.com App, which has set up a problem with links in Safari in iOS devices.

Try turning off Javascript in Settings/Safari/Advanced on your iPhone. This worked on my iPad last night and is a temporary work round while Apple get a new update out in the next few days.

I can't reproduce the problem from my end here in Switzerland. However, as part of the S.O.P., I'd suggest to do the following:

1. Try if the forum is accessible even when the browser seems not be signed in. Barnack's Bar is the place to try as it's accessible to signed-in members only.
  2. Clear all cookies from the browser. As every browser has a different procedure for doing so, I can't help you there.
  3. After clearing all cookies shot off your mobile device and turn it on again.
  4. Start swearing but not so loud that we can hear you here. Forum rules and all that.
  5. Post here if not successful. Oh, please post also if successful.

Thank both for you replies and suggestions.

i've just tried my phone again for the first time since my message above and it's all working properly now, without even having to log in, it's remembered my username and password and logged me in automatically.

Thank you, and sorry for wasting your time. I expect whatever Andreas was up to has worked, so thanks to you Andreas also.

P

Thank both for you replies and suggestions.

i've just tried my phone again for the first time since my message above and it's all working properly now, without even having to log in, it's remembered my username and password and logged me in automatically.

Thank you, and sorry for wasting your time. I expect whatever Andreas was up to has worked, so thanks to you Andreas also.

P

You're not wasting anyones time, I had the same issue today - I tried to read the forum from my phone at lunchtime and it kept coming up with some sort of error message if I tried to log in. All working fine now so it was obviously some software glitch.