Oxford UK M240 user

cseymour

There is a section on the forum for new members to introduce themselves. Many other forums have a similar section and some make it mandatory for newbies to post there first. 

I just think it's odd for someone to make one post, and one post only, asking to meet other members in person for help with their camera, not having posted here prior to buying the camera or since, yet they have apparently worked out how to send private messages. 

They may well be totally genuine, but the forum wouldn't survive without active and public participation from all of us. What if we all just posted once then disappeared?

Because of lack of activity I can only assume that this meeting never took place.

May I suggest a meeting in late May or early June when I'll have wheels and be available.

Days are longer in late Spring.

Forget the OP if she can't be bothered. Let's just have a meet.

OP - Oxford is too far for me unfortunately. We drove through over the Easter weekend to get to the Cotswolds, my god, terrible traffic! However, if you are in London and feel like a face-to-face walk through of the camera would be useful, feel free to pop me a PM or contact me through my website (likely more responsive: http://www.rharris-images.com/). Disclaimer: I would not call myself a Leica expert. I have had mine for around 18 months, and although I don't take many images, it's almost always with me, so I feel like I know it more than well enough to help. 

It is a wonderful machine, IMO. I would agree with other posters on Overaard's blog, well worth a read through, lots of real-life tips. However, it can be nice to see things in real life too, rather than just staring at a screen.

Sorry, I should have subscribed to this thread....I live in the centre of Oxford and would be very happy to meet anyone.....I'm busy travelling with photoshoots till end May really, but the longer daylight evenings and a pub in town sounds great. I can recommend The Punter on Osney Island... :-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...