Oxford UK M240 user

cseymour

Hello,

I have been shooting film on my M6 for years, and have recenlty bought an M240, which I'm struggling to understand from the manual and online tutorials,  Are there any M240 users here in Oxford who would be willing and able to give me a 1-2-1 tutorial ?

Thanks

Good point, Earlygallery. "Struggling to understand" an M 240 is a bit far fetched.

She was in touch, but the meeting was postponed since she is away this weekend.  There are bits of the M240 which I don't blame film users for struggling to understand.  Anyway, my M240 has (surprise!) been turned over to Leica Mayfair and is back to Wetzlar for *further* rangefinder alignment (having spent most of last summer there for exactly that) - so I am camera-less at the moment and will have to rely on the OP's copy.

Edited by M9reno

There's pay and display street parking on St Giles's, Broad Street, and Parks Road just by the pub (though the maximum time for the last two might be one hour - I forget).  There's certainly street parking on Keble Road and by the University Parks (Norham Gardens, Bradmore Road, etc).  

See you then on Sat 2 April at 3pm on the tables outside the King's Arms, weather permitting, or otherwise just inside.  I'll be wearing a red hat.

Well, the only contribution I can make to this discussion is to say that I wish I still lived in Oxford: I'd go for a walk with you lot any day.

And a pint after. Is The Chequers still open up Headington way? 

OK, now I'm lonely.

Saturday 2nd April is getting close.

Are we still on for The King's Arms (OX1 3SP) say this Saturday, 3pm, for a pint and a walk?

If so, I'll use Redbridge Park & Ride as it's most convenient for me as I'll be coming up the A34 from the South

Terry

Saturday 2nd April is getting close.

Are we still on for The King's Arms (OX1 3SP) say this Saturday, 3pm, for a pint and a walk?

If so, I'll use Redbridge Park & Ride as it's most convenient for me as I'll be coming up the A34 from the South

Terry

I'm afraid I'll have to miss this. Apologies but I'm still travelling.

Has the OP been in touch with any of you? 

I must admit, my first thought was, is this some kind of scam (M owner turns up to meet somewhere, with his gear, and gets mugged). Maybe I'm just too cynical. 

You got a point there~~

Though I guess the "tutor" does not necessarily need to turn up with his/her own camera right? The OP needs to turn up with the camera~~:p

The OP has since been in touch with me, and a 'tutorial' will proceed as planned, using her camera.

I will be at the King's Arms in Oxford at 3pm tomorrow in case any of you want to drop by.  Is Terry the only one?

Best wishes, Al

Given that she can read these posts, the OP is hardly likely to be encouraged to hang around here, is she?

Firstly she's put up as a potential scammer, out to steal gear, and then just because she's only posted once, she's in the 'hated' category!!!

• Like 2