Oxford UK M240 user

cseymour

Sorry I don't live closer to you...I wish I did. 

Have you seen Thorsten Overgaard M240 blog? Past the Leica instruction manual he really is a great place to start.

Heres the link:

http://www.overgaard.dk/Leica-M-Type-240-aka-Leica-M10-digital-rangefinder-camera-page-30.html

This Blog is always there  for your specific questions...What exactly are you struggling with?

Best of Luck ...... Hope this helps

The suggestion to check out Thorsten's article is an excellent one.  You might also try looking up some tutorials on youtube.  Good luck!  It's a jump from film to digital.  And learning Lightroom is also a hurdle, but fun once gotten some good instruction.  Have fun!

Compared to most of the oriental cameras on the market, the M240 is one of the easiest cameras to use. As someone has already mentioned, having a look at Overgaard's blog is quite helpful. There's really  not much to set before going out and practising, especially if you plan to use it as a rangefinder, rather than a mirrorless camera. Get the essentials sorted then build from there.

There's quite a good book by David Taylor on the M240, an expanded user manual of 200+ pages written in easily understood language.

' Leica M Typ 240 The Expanded Guide by David Taylor ' ISBN 978-1-78145-039-0

I obtained a new copy off Amazon for £10.95.

Edited by Steve Ricoh

Compared to most of the oriental cameras on the market, the M240 is one of the easiest cameras to use. As someone has already mentioned, having a look at Overgaard's blog is quite helpful. There's really  not much to set before going out and practising, especially if you plan to use it as a rangefinder, rather than a mirrorless camera. Get the essentials sorted then build from there.

There's quite a good book by David Taylor on the M240, an expanded user manual of 200+ pages written in easily understood language.

' Leica M Typ 240 The Expanded Guide by David Taylor ' ISBN 978-1-78145-039-0

I obtained a new copy off Amazon for £10.95.

I'd thoroughly agree with that. I use a Nikon DSLR at work. No aperture ring, no shutterspeed dial and a load of multifunctional controls. Not the most intuitive piece of equipment you'll ever use !

You could try St Giles but it's usually pretty busy.

A safe bet on a Saturday is Blackhall Road, just behind Keble. (Parks Road>Keble Road>Blackhall Road)

I'm not sure what the time limit is, so Park & Ride might be the better option...

Ernst