Lens advice please

Markb

Looking to purchase my 1st lens for an R4 body. Can anyone give a view on the R vario elmarit ASPH ROM 2.8 35-70 zoom?  I think it is fine to use on the  R4 but is it an ok lens? It's probably all I can afford right now. 

You must be thinking of the f/3.5 lens, not the f/2.8.  The 35-70 f/2.8 is very scarce, equally costly, and an outstanding lens.

We don't know what MarkB is thinking but he is enquiring about extremely rare (& expensive) Vario-Elmarit.  Elmarit equals f2.8.

It is (Vario-Elmarit f2.8) very apparently one of Leica's very best, according to the Leica Wiki (link is in the top right corner somwhere) only few hundred were ever made#

Post #2 and 3 suggest to look after more affordable both physically and finically but also good Leica offering. 

Edited by mmradman

• 2 weeks later...

I have the f4 version of the 35-70mm as my default lens on an A7Rii, having swapped from the (pretty good, I thought f3.5) and can confirm that it is excellent. Well up to the small pixel size/large pixel count sensor of the A7. The 'macro' facility is very useful too.