Due to the age of your printer the first port of call would be the printer head. Personally I would go through the programmed cleaning procedure . If that did not fix it I would buy a new printer.

BrianP

If you've used this combo in the past and all worked as expected, then double check all the printer driver settings, paper profile, etc.  Sometimes in software updates things get reset or parameters changed, especially if updating a printer driver and/or printer firmware.  If all this stuff checks out okay and you're confident it's not a set-up error or user error, the next area to consider is a hardware error, bad inks (old?), etc.  My Epson 3800 went without use for ~6 months at one point and it needed ~3 successive cleaning cycles to resolve a cyan cast.  Eventually it got back to normal and worked fine.  

I have the R3000; last year had to have a new print head installed.  Today ran some prints to keep it operational, having not used it for some time.  All is fine printing test targets.

If you are printing in B&W mode, of course you should not be getting any colour casts...unless you have the settings on a "cool" tint B&W.  I just keep mine to "neutral", not cool, warm or sepia.

The advice above is good...particularly the colour profiles.  Also inks do go bad, particularly after market inks...one of the black cartridges may be dodgy. You might like to print some colour and grey scale test targets, instead of your image.

Keep us informed, cheers Dave S

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 1

Congrats.  You wrote after the second post that the head was clean.  Assuming the check showed all nozzles clear, which I assume is what you meant, then I suspect that the subsequent 'cleanings' served to 'shake up' the inks.  For the future, It's helpful if you're not using the printer for quite a while to gently shake (invert back and forth) the cartridges before you run a test print.

Jeff

Congrats.  You wrote after the second post that the head was clean.  Assuming the check showed all nozzles clear, which I assume is what you meant, then I suspect that the subsequent 'cleanings' served to 'shake up' the inks.  For the future, It's helpful if you're not using the printer for quite a while to gently shake (invert back and forth) the cartridges before you run a test print.

Jeff

That's a good point Jeff, thanks for the tip.

Anybody have an advise to convert a printer in to B&W  only using only B&W inks only. I have a Epson 800 used in normal inks ( colour set).

I  know Perma jet and some other inject ink producers have some Monochrome printing flow . But I believe I need a special print head cleaner before I adapt  in to the Monochrome printing.

Anybody have an idea or experience how to do it .

Thanks for any information or advise about how to do this .

Thanks again any answers .